10 Likes

HC in waiting in waiting

13 Likes

Run it back!!

3 Likes

Gonna make someone a great coach one day

3 Likes

Ryan Elvin is my current growth stock.

Crystal Ball in 20 years: Both Shead and Elvin are basketball coaches at the University of Houston.

4 Likes

Hell…maybe he’ll be ready sooner and can do something with the girls. Would love to see one day us winning mens and womens the same year.

I wouldn’t wish that on anybody….

1 Like

It’s not in THAT bad of shape is it?

The we want Elvin chant will end with… to call one play! When the games are out of reach.

2 Likes

Based upon everything Sampson has said about Elvin and coaching I would not be shocked if he is not named an assistant coach after next season.

Pretty bad.

1 Like

Don’t you think it could be turned around in 2-3 years with the right “Elvin” coaching?

I was hoping Elvin can use his position as a scout or recruiter to build an in-state pipeline to UH.

And let the other seasoned coaches focus on national or international recruiting.

If I had a kid that played basketball, I would want him to play for Ryan!!

This kid has a bright future ahead of him and I wish him nothing but the best.

His dad is looking down on everything Ryan does and he’s got a HUGE smile on his face.

2 Likes

Maybe so….i tend to think as far as the program has dropped and is in a super competitive conference you will need a coach with some experience to get it going in the right direction.

Has nothing to do with Elvin’s work ethic or anything a long those lines….just more experience to pull the program from the bottom of the ocean.

1 Like

Awesome!

RYOOOO

New tradition.

For the walk ons to play we would chant we want elvin. Now and forever.

It’s not like Elvin died!

Anywho, it would be disrespectful to the current player. It would be like fans chanting “We want Perry” when Elvin came in. Jim Perry was Otis Birdsong’s roommate, and was the original Ryan Elvin that fans chanted for. There have been others but Perry is the one I remember most.

3 Likes