S Florida game sold out

They have that shell space that was built in the 300 decks. Go ahead and build out the restrooms up there! I got to believe moms with kids don’t like the bathroom situation up there. Talk about hurting the family environment when a kid has to be taken down three decks to the restroom. The situation is even more ludicrous on the visitors side upper deck.

2 Likes

Why don’t those folks go to the stadium, was my question, I guess. Maybe these are the casual fans we talk about here. Maybe they’ll buy a ticket for Temple and Tulane.

We will not get crowds until we join a P5…

I don’t think becoming a P5 school solves this issue. Along with P5 status comes tougher schedules. Do you think we have more fans in the stands if we are 4-3 playing against a Baylor or Iowa State? It is going to be tough to be 6-1 each season in the P5.

3 Likes

We will have P5 recruiting in one of the biggest recruiting hotbeds in the nation though

3 Likes

We have a certain number of fans. We had some people new show up yesterday, but I think we lost a little of our normal crowd to kids sports (soccer, fall baseball, etc) and the Halloween events. I generally feel our best attendance possible is the night games.

2 Likes

How do you guys have all these reasons but don’t want to point to the ticket office? The upper deck visitor side appeared to be sold out on the website but wasn’t even close. Fans that wanted cheap seats high up with a decent angle were told by the website the only cheap seats available were in the end zones.

Now given the option to buy second hand, sit in the sun in the endzone or sit in their house and watch on the couch, they chose that.

Blaming the casual fans doesn’t endear them to coming. It’s better to focus on things the conference/school has under their control. Limiting the number of day games an individual team has to play. Lowering ticket prices back to 2014 prices. Stop reserving seats for mini-game packs that aren’t selling.

4 Likes

There’s lots of reasons not to go to the stadium. If you have crappy seats and you’re not a hardcore fan it’s pretty boring. The games are long and you can’t change the channel, you have to get up and walk for food, stand in line for beer, traffic and all the people. Plus you could spend way less at a watch party than you would at a game.

I enjoy football so I go, but if you sort of like football I could totally see passing up on an average ticket to go hang somewhere.

Especially all the walking in our stadium to restrooms and confession, if you are in the 300 sections on either side of the stadium.

Also bringing up how we would do in another conference isn’t helping since we don’t get to choose when and where we go but just a couple of numbers here:

TCU average attendance 2012: 46,047
2017: 44,080
Utah average attendance 2010: 45,459
2017: 45,913

Sure we would sell out 40k after joining the Big12, because our opponents’ fans bought 8k of the tickets 3 months before the game. No thanks. We need to sell out with our own fans before we make a home for visiting fans.

2 Likes

So many Big 12 alums live in Houston

If we were in the B12 a third of the fans would be from the opposing teams

2 Likes

So you were agreeing with me but just using bad math right?

Thank you…I have been saying this repeatedly. We are having to rebuild from those damaging years. It is getting better but a few of us older guys remember the 70s and early-80s. Seems like joining the SWC was the beginning of the damage

1 Like

Guess what, streaks end, new ones get started.

2 Likes

Well 06 was 12 years ago. How many kids have gone through school and graduated with UH having good, competitive football year after year?

It still means our fan base is missing 15 years of fans. Technically we won’t make up for that until my generation dies off.

1 Like

Mid terms and Halloween parties Saturday.

How come this doesn’t seem to affect the majority of other schools? Part of it is cultural.

1 Like

BTW it’s a national trend… too easy to watch on TV and the ticket prices:

1 Like

Things are improving. Look at where we were 10 years ago.

The only way to get the casual fan is to get the train to be a part of the gameday experience. If you are a casual fan you are just going for the game. If you are just going for the game navigating traffic on campus is daunting. So having UH people downtown to direct people onto the right train would be a good idea.

2 Likes