Salman Rushdie why did it happen?

I would agree. I’ve followed him over the years on talk shows and such, and I really like his perspective. I’m hoping his wounds aren’t severe enough to change that, but his son said they were “life changing”. Boy, do I hate extremists who think their view is “the” view.

1 Like

Rushdie by appearing on David’s show means he has a sense of humor that most peope would never have if they had a perpetual bounty on their head.
I will write it again. It makes no sense for the host venue to not have proper security. Think about the audience too. This is total non sense.

1 Like

Completely agree with your last point. Bill Maher made a similar point on his show this past Friday.

What is with security and law enforcement in general, being afraid of danger? Uvalde, the Rushdie attack, Las Vegas shooting, Parkland HS, and apparently, from way back, the Va tech shooting in 2007. I am sure there are more.

My relatives from the hood will tell you that cops showing up after danger has passed is one reason many in the hood don’t like cops. It’s not because they hate police, it’s because the police are never around when you need them. Why call 9-11 to be placed on hold?

2 Likes

I love law enforcement but something is not right about “response time”
I would love to know what time line is considered acceptable. Is it due to officers shortages all around the country?
This has to be made public.

I am against frivolous lawsuits but Rushdie should sue the pants off of who ever organized this event. Inexcusable.

1 Like

True event. Two white guys stabbed each other in my old apartment complex. It took 45 minutes for HPD to show up.
This was in the 80’s.
Why?

1 Like