Sam Khan’s thoughts on Cougars

This year is huge. Much of the last two years have been about roster management for Holgorsen, trying to get the roster older and better than what it was when he arrived. Now it’s time to see results.”

This is behind a pay wall, but Khan will be worth it. It is up to you all what you want to spend money on, but $1 a month for six months… Worth it.

6 Likes

This year is huge. Much of the last two years have been about roster management for Holgorsen, trying to get the roster older and better than what it was when he arrived. Now it’s time to see results .”

Spot On.

1 Like

On other news I love Tech’s transfer (Shough) pick up… Will probably be the best team in the schedule.

Hadn’t subscribed until now to support Sam

Was hoping Sam Khan would end up on The Athletic

Support Sam! He is a Coog but he is objective.

2 Likes

According to some, this thing called “roster management” is a fabrication. Everything, including player personnel, was in great shape on the heels of our glorious exhibit against Army.

5 Likes

Anyone with a 3rd grade level IQ who attended/watched our all-time worst bowl game loss in college FB history up in Fort Worth where a decent Army FB team completely destroyed an embarrassingly bad UH squad knows that Dana faced a total rebuild project here at UH.

7 Likes

Now they know where they stand/rank.

Absolutely !
Go Coogs !

The Army debacle should never have happened. I don’t think the program was in a state of collapse at that time. And that’s what made that day so awful.
Our kids could have been better prepared and much better coached. Its like winning a low level sales contest and puking all over the airplane on the way to Vegas.

Nobody cared about Applewhite’s record after that game. People just remember “the incident.” Kudos to Renu for cutting bait.

1 Like

I think he was Dead man walking into that bowl. Why fire the DC before the bowl?