SBNation reporting Applewhite will be fired

How many championships does Holgorsen have? His best team finished third in the BigXII.

You have a valid point. But some people seem to be successful in certain places. He just seemed to fit here. He connected with his staff and his players too. They get excited playing for Dana.

Did I say that?

If we are going to fire Applewhite, why hire Holgorsen for the equivalent finishes? Not to mention Holgorsen used us for a raise. Why are we going back to that we’ll again?

Thats how contracts work

Well, at the very least it’s the most hope I’ve had since pre-kickoff last Saturday.

2 Likes

I don’t think we blame him for getting a raise. We not so subtly went after him. I really don’t think he would come but I applaud the leak at this juncture just for the publicity.

1 Like

Better than we have now. Did Dana break a 116 year old record for worst bowl loss after a month to prepare? What are we—5th place in the AAC? And finished 4th last year? Not a good performance. Not a good trend.

3 Likes

So you’d take Miles over Holgorsen? How many teams have won the Big 12? WVU beat TCU (Patterson) 47-10.

In Cary’s defense I don’t think he was advocated CMA over Dana but thinks we can do better.

I bet Dana told WVU last time he likes Houston…and it would take a lot to keep him from returning. They acquiesced.

1 Like

Gang,

Even the Chronicle is reporting it now. The rumor may have some teeth.

2 Likes

Who would be better?

Sometimes things are destined. Tilman knows Dana pretty well. This connection just seems to stay in the media.

Not sure anyone would be better than Dana at this juncture. Whoever is floating this is to be commended…because they already probably know how to work the financials.

2 Likes

Holgerson would certainly be an upgrade and this point in his career I doubt he’ll leave us. This could be the win we’re all waiting for. Let’s just see.

2 Likes

I doubt that Holgorsen is a viable candidate, but if he likes to eat and drink and carouse, I think Houston is an incredible upgrade. Houston has lots of women with full sets of teeth.

6 Likes

If they are going to fire him, they may already have their next man.

Khator may not have been kidding about firing 8-4 coaches at UH.

4 Likes

We might even get some transfers with him!

3 Likes

Bruce Feldman from Fox Sports now also confirming.

BREAKING: #Houston is expected to part ways with head coach Major Applewhite in the next 24 hours, sources tell me. SB Nation 1st reported the move was in the works.

— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) December 29, 2018
3 Likes

We’ll know something on Applewhite today. No way Khator or Pezman let all these rumors circulate without addressing them.

1 Like

There is reason why the rumors are happening

5 Likes

Again, can’t see it, but the juice would be pumping next season. The energy level would be through the roof, and when that happens, winning any single game is a possibility.

We’re in a malaise right now, with low to no expectations. See 1980 for my comparison.

Major =Jimmy Carter
Holgorsen (or any good hire) = Reagan

6 Likes