SBNation reporting Applewhite will be fired

Did I say that? No.

Blockquote There is reason why the rumors are happening

Exactly. Publicity during the playoff games. Common practice. Just like Herman’s leaving being dropped during the LSU game.

I didn’t say it wouldn’t be, but if you are going to pay millions of dollars to obtain a new coach, it should be someone that is a proven winner. Holgorsen is not that.

We haven’t always agreed, but this is 100% correct.

What name are you throwing out?

I think Dana can win the AAC here

1 Like

Love Dana. He has attitude and we need attitude

Remember, he lefty he Big 12 before for a gig at Houston.

Don’t pretend to know how the dude thinks

Legitimate media outlets somehow always have the information before it is officially put out. This is nothing new.

Fertitta and Halgorsen have history

I would take Orlando (if he is interested), Pelini, Gibbs, Heacock
 someone like that.

I am not so sure about that. That lack of surety is where my concern lies.

1 Like

The question is how well can he recruit?

1 Like

Just throwing this out here! I’m thinking it will be KB coming back and taking over! But whoever take over the program have my support still!

That was shot down in the article. He isn’t being considered.

1 Like

Not a Holgerson fan since his explosion on the sideline at relocated Air Force game in Dallas.

Briles owes them a $900,000 buyout and they can package that with a great salary. To me, it’s a no-brainer. Just me thinking outside the box. Only the power to be knows who will be the guy

Manny Diaz got Temple job over Orlando
Gibbs wasn’t promoted at Tech.
Pellini isn’t a winner. Very angry :rage:
I like Troy’s coach as a LT play, like Baylor’s move. But not over a coach with Houston ties who got a team in WV to the Top 7 this year.

Also, this is conveniently leaking following WVU’s bowl game.

Oh, right, we should hire a coach with multiple championships to his name? So the question is do we hire Dabo or Saban?!

1 Like

So defensive guys despite no HC experience

Holgorsen is a different dude, and Morgantown is Hickville. We’ve got two big opportunities on next year’s schedule, no way Pez is gonna let Apple crap all over next season. Still think Holgorsen is a long shot but this would be great for UH Football.

3 Likes

WV will probably offer him $5M to stay.
Assume he couldn’t pass that up.
But it sure would raise the profile of the UH opportunity so we could attract either Littrell, Fritz or Brown.
All current HCs with existing staffs who could hit the ground running.

1 Like