Scott Satterfield to Cincinnati

1 Like

B12 >ACC this what this hire shows

7 Likes

Damn, that is cold blooded

https://twitter.com/bypatforde/status/1599760968061374464?s=46&t=gecEsqBAh1dbIaxafXaCEw

Perhaps this is the kind of poaching we wish would happen to us.

7 Likes

Louisville admins were smart in not doing so, unlike our admins.

4 Likes

Woof. If I were a Cincy fan, I’d be pretty underwhelmed. Sure, they poached their weird dormant rival right before they play each other in a bowl game, but he wasn’t exactly steamrolling the ACC, and the Big 12 is a step up in play from that.

10 Likes

Tuberville 2.0

4 Likes

Yeah my first thought was “This didn’t work out so well last time…”

Absolutely.

Cincinnati’s Holgorsen is more apropos, IMO.

Edit: …or is Holgorsen Houston’s Tuberville?!?

winona-ryder-confused

2 Likes

As of right now, seems like it is.

Knowing what we knew then, Holgo to Houston made a lot more sense than Satterfield to Cincy. UH had been making eyes at Holgo for years, and there were pretty strong rumors that we were angling for him (or Leach) when we hired Applewhite. Holgo also had a better record at WVU than Satterfield did at UL, and was making a step down in competition rather than up.

The Holgorsen hire made sense, at least at the time. UC poaching Satterfield is a head-scratcher.

2 Likes

I was one of the few on this board that thought it didn’t make sense and was a bad hire. Satterfield walked into a mess at Louisville and then didn’t do that great. Holgorsen walked into a dream situation at WVU, and slowly they became mediocre with a good season every hand full of years.

4 Likes

He’ll be Cincy’s version of CDH.

1 Like

Congrats to Uncle Scott!