Seabass retires

Had a feeling this might happen.

Via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com, Vollmer said in an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio that he was retiring. He’s going through the league’s broadcast boot camp this week in New Jersey.

Vollmer, 32, missed all of last season with a hip injury, and the Patriots released him this year. He said he’s already down 75 pounds from his playing weight of 320, which makes his declaration kind of a moot point anyway.

2 Likes

The Seabass German Lessons at The Rob are a fond memory for me. I had no idea he would have the NFL career that he did but I hope it all works out for him. Seems like a good guy.

1 Like

Brady was very lucky to have him protect him for so many years. He was truly outstanding.
Down 75 lbs? Nick Hardwick did even better. Check this.

Is it healthy to lose that much weight? Is this related to other so called stimulants? This is not a good image for the N.F.L.

The amount of weight OLinemen have to carry is ridiculous. Most of them lose a ton afterwards just because they aren’t eating what they had to and probably aren’t lifting the weights they had to.

1 Like

Here is a link about it.

1 Like

It’s probably much healthy than going the opposite direction - keeping the weight on and then some.

1 Like