Season prediction thread

247sports has an article that has us at an over/under of 9 wins, according to draftkings. They also rank us 19th as of now…

“If another Group of Five team crashes the CFP party like Cincinnati did a season ago, the safest bet might be Houston. The Cougars won 12 games last season and reached the AAC title game, and if quarterback Clayton Tune can pick up where he left off last season, Houston could definitely find itself in playoff contention.”

Until we beat Tortilla Tech, I have that down as an L. Road games at Memphis and Smooo always give us problems. And road games at UTSA and ECU won’t be easy. If we win 10 or more this will be Coach Holgorsen’s best season coaching wise IMO. Would a 9 win regular season be a major disappointment? What say you? BTW, next week begins my summer position breakdown articles. #GoCoogs

10 Likes

I’ll say 10-2 in the regular season while hoping for 11-1 or 12-0. If we had last year’s schedule (almost the same as this year with all our tougher opponents at home) I would think we would have a much better shot at 12-0.

2 Likes

I’ll go 11-1, with the loss being to someone unexpected. Unfortunately, that has been part of our history.

4 Likes

I’m the polly prez.

A RUN OF THE TABLE IS COMING!!!

12 Likes

Hope you’re right. I’m all for it.

1 Like

We have a legit shot at 12-0

6 Likes

Undefeated and the Cotton Bowl, baby!

7 Likes

12-0 nothing less.

2 Likes

So far this site is a lot more optimistic than the predictions on TOS. :rofl:

I can hear it now, the conductor shouting, “All aboard. The Ghost Train for Polly Junction leaves sooooooon.”

3 Likes

As the polly prez, I can assure you that it will always run on time.

2 Likes

I’d be happy with a 10 win season.

1 Like

This year will be a record undefeated year when we go 14-0! History is about the past, this is a different story.

9 Likes

Dream BIG. 15-0!!!

4 Likes

11-1. 12-1, after winning the AAC. NY6 bowl.

1 Like

I can’t see any losses with my scarlet red glasses on… Go Coogs!

1 Like

I am trying to be realistic, our schedule will not get us in the CFP.

3 Likes

So was I with my 11-1 regular season pick.

3 Likes

15-0, we are going to be favored every game except for the last 2…gonna win them anyways.

4 Likes

Not a team on our schedule who is better than we are so we should all predict us to run the table.
I never predicted us to lose games we should win.

3 Likes