SEC Reaction When UT and OU Start Making Demands

I expect UT and OU are in for quite a shock when they go to the SEC. When they start making demands and trying to push their weight around in the SEC, expect this type of reaction.

14 Likes

What exactly does this have to do with our football program and the Big 12?

I don’t care what UT and OU do when they are in the SEC. Go to another board to discuss this drivel.

6 Likes

It’s for entertainment purposes. Hopefully, some readers think it is funny.

Sorry you object.

13 Likes

or you go to another thread? what is the point of this post. Just because you don’t like the content?

1 Like

Except for the fact that UT will be bringing the conference a buttload of money. Considering saban’s reaction to the new world of recruiting, UT will have the power.

1 Like

What is the subject of the forum? Let’s start there.

He clearly labeled what the post was about.

Why did you even click on it?

3 Likes

He clearly started a topic in a sub-forum titled “Cougar Football”.

What is the correlation? This belongs elsewhere.

What’s so hard about that?

2 Likes

The title of the sub forum is “Cougar Football”.

What does UT and OU’s attitude going into the SEC have anything to do with Cougar football, bud?

How does that impact our development, recruiting, and success in the Big XII?

Again, where is the correlation, tough guy?

1 Like

Also, discussing our potential matchup with UT or our planned game with LSU in 2027 is very much within the Cougar Football umbrella.

You know…because it talks about Cougar Football.

We are all college football teams. Its all connected, everything in college football impacts us, maybe not directly, but it still matters. for context, some titles from the Texas Ags “A&M Football Only” board

Deion Flips the #1 CB
Earl Campbell
Bill Obrien returning to NE
CFB Risk is back
Ed Reed fired at Bethune Cookman

1 Like

TCU going to a natty very much correlates with us and our roadmap to getting to the CFP. They are also a member of the Big X12 and will remain one for foreseeable future.

Kendall Briles was a coach for UH and he is joining the conference we play will play for.

The PAC 12 media deal can impact our conference in a major way by adding the four corner schools if the deal falls through. This would affect who we play in the future and our potential revenue.

Dion was discussed heavily as a potential coaching candidate due to fans pounding the table for CDH’s departure.

What else you got, bud?

I enjoy the post. It will be interesting to see how the dynamics play out. A&M came on strong early and still doesnt get much respect. South East is such a different culture

1 Like

And, after all of his belly ache, he’s now hijacked the thread, which, now, has become meaningless. smh

David, the title clearly states it’s about OUT. If you don’t want to read about OUT, then just skip over the thread, but don’t try to censor others, no one wants that. If you look at the different threads throughout this site you will see all kinds of threads that are off topic and not about the Coogs. Obviously there are others on here that did want to read it.

2 Likes

On a similar note…

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from SEC Reaction When UT and OU Start Making Demands:

This is too funny. Lmao. I could just see this (much more so UT than OU).

As for the inappropriate content discussion (sarcasm included), it took me along time to learn that fan forums (all over the world) are designed as a place for fans to also vent. While I would prefer not to hear all the negative rehashed every week, I accept that venting is ok on the forum now. Humor is another way of venting.

2 Likes

As funny as this is. I doubt UT/OU will make many unreasonable demands. In the SWC and Big 12 they were the big dogs and the others had no choice but to say yes sir. They know this won’t be the case in the SEC.

I have thought about why they didn’t just stay in the Big 12 and extort more money. Eg demand 2x shares of payouts and veto over all Big 12 decisions. The 8 would have had no choice but to accept.

Assuming the Big 12 payout has been $500M after the new contract, UT/OU would could have for $75M each, plus LHN for UT so they would get close to $90M which is about as much as they’ll be getting in the SEC.

2 Likes

ThreadPolice.jpg.9b8d92429569c42960babaaee224cd8b

7 Likes

If it happens, it was well earned.