Seen enough?

It’s obvious to me how and why good discussion goes down the toilet.

99% of the time (?), It isn’t any particular subject or topic, be it the PUF, UT land in Houston, NIL, Sampson’s best 5, throw back jerseys, recruiting, concessions, palm trees, parking, backup quarterbacks, the genitals/sexuality of others, and the never ending complaints about attendance directed at those who attend.

I’ll tell you why. A particular poster (to a lesser extent 2-3 others) simply cannot accept that people are allowed to have differing points of view in this country and then reacts to differing viewpoints like a petulant child would, or maybe a crusader literally at war with everything and everyone THEY THINK IS EVIL.

Here’s what I suggest:

1. bring back politics board
  2. have rule for all boards forbidding personal attacks
  3. more moderators
  4. ban people — and IP addresses — who abuse this site and just can’t get along. 99, maybe 95 :grinning: percent of us do want to get along.

We’re one of the faces of the University of Houston. We need to act like it.

1 Like

Why do you need to discuss politics in the first place on here

3 Likes

It’s vital in a democracy with a republican form of government.

2 Likes

Man, just go to a political board where your comments are welcomed and disdained. I’m sure there are lots of those boards and even Twitter has a lot.

6 Likes

Agreee.

The issue is that some can’t help themselves and end up derailing entire threads because it gets political.

Best thing to do is have a place for politics like before.

2 Likes

Because it’s FUN!

3 Likes

We don’t talk about fight club

2 Likes

I think “Republican” is the key word. :sunglasses:

See what I did there?

1 Like

We don’t need politics on CoogFans. Just go on Twitter where you can fight with other keyboard hacks.

1 Like

JC is going to continue to starting baiting topics until you give in and put politics back. Give us back The Satellite!

2 Likes

Just wanted a “both sides” reference :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s not me who derails threads. I rarely mention other posters by name. That’s how threads go south. Ain’t the topic.

Waking up to three locked threads and this post had my dying laughing

Too many poopyheads.

2 Likes

Amen to that!

We don’t need to be fighting amongst ourselves over politics!

2 Likes

Fighting, insults and baiting is not tantamount to politics. They are separate things.

Here’s an idea:

The owners of this board create a new website message board just for politics. User accounts can carry over between sites. New site would have less chance of tarnishing Cougar sports reputation. Call it PoliticsFans.com or some such. Whenever someone on CoogFans gets too political we can say take that idea over to PoliticsFans. This way y’all could still banter about with all your known acquaintances

IMG_4756

1 Like

Huh? Where were you in 2020 and on January 6, 2021? It was all of those things.

Now see there. You are turning this thread into politics so it’s time for it to be closed.

3 Likes

This is a brilliant idea.

1 Like