Semi-OT: Hurts and Mahomes

No but your sort of implying that we could be Alabama due to our location alone which isn’t true

You highlight Colt over Vince Young?

Nah. Kingsbury recruited and signed Mahomes 5 years after Leach was fired.

I agree with your point, to an extent, though I’d argue that Briles pretty much ran the exact same Stephenville offense when he took the reins in college. What Leach changed about college football was a more universal acceptance of a pass-first spread offense. The emergence of a different kind of NFL QB was related, but it also came from the willingness to use NFL QBs in the running game.

Leach’s willingness to share his offensive philosophy and “secrets” with literally everyone played a huge role in putting his offensive stamp on high school and college football. The emergence of 7 on 7 also played a role, since that offense is pretty much made for that kind of football.

2 Likes

Do you have a rolodex of these depressing UH football facts?

1 Like

I wrote that we could be a National powerhouse. It is not going to happen overnight. Miami took a few years. We are now able to be another Miami. This is the last thing madcowsu wanted. I am not sure they would have even considered going to the sec knowing we would have been invited to the BIG12.
They know have:
U of H
teetech
TCU
Baylor
All Power conference schools in Texas.

You really thk for a milli second that UT gave one notion that they were worried abt who was going to replace them in the BIG12 if they made the move to SEC… come on Chris. Logic by 99% out there would know that now being at 8 Schools makes 100% sense to bump back to 12 Schools once the dust is settled. And most out there had Houston immediately as one of the favs to move into the BIG12 from the G5 candidates. Otherwise you’re not giving Coogs enough credit if you wouldn’t automatically assume they would be in line to be one of the 4 incoming NEW BIG12 schools. OUT didn’t care one iota who replaced them. They had/have bigger fish to fry.

Edit: At the moment the Coogs are trying to consistently compete w TCU, TECH, OkieSt, Baylor etc for recruits in Metro Hou area n win those battles 50%+ of the time. Not on same level w OUT, LSU etc at the moment. One step at a time.
#GoCoogs

Simple answer Jesse22. Since 1996 madcowsu has done everything for us to be outside of a Power Conference. madcowsu expressed support for us…while they bought a piece of land in Houston. Their then Chancellor told everyone what their intent was…We expressed our outrage…madcowsu never said a peep after that about joining the BIG12…result? The BIG12 did not expand…A few years later they bolted to the sec. We all know the rest. They can’t even compete in the BIG12. Us being in a Power Conference further “dilutes” their recruiting power. We all know why we got into the BIG12. Mr. Fertitta had to put every BIG12 member in their place and sell them why U of H made sense. And yes a ton of it was to get back at madcowsu.

Appreciate the response Mr Chris. We can agree on one thg… UT would rather not have Houston playing in the same Conf as them. But once they bolted to SEC they didn’t give a Roger Clemens rats arse who replaced them. That’s just my opinion on that. We can end it there as I don’t get into any long discussions on here any longer… not worth it.

Looking frwd to the Schd finally coming out tomorrow.

I don’t even think of it as depressing, really. Even as someone whose second school is Auburn, Bama is just that good. Dynastic powers like that don’t come around often. The last first-time National Champion was Florida, and that was a quarter-century ago; it is overwhelmingly likely that UH will not win a National Championship in our lifetimes. Pretending that we’re Bama-in-waiting is delusional.

It’s my sincerely-held belief that the highest achievement the overwhelming bulk of teams can hope to achieve is a regular-season conference title. After that, everything is a crapshoot.

Who is realistically pretending that UH is likened to Bama on here? I really don’t think any UH fan is thinking like that.