Shead Gets Two Player of the Year Votes

Of course Eddy got 57 of 62 POY votes, our MVP Shead received two.

2 Likes

I think it’s safe to say that Eddy already had the award as soon as he said he was returning to Purdue. He had way more pub than Shead. Eddy probably does deserve POY . He was dominant. That being said, I thought Shead would get more than 2 votes.

Oh well. He’s our player of the decade, if not the century.

1 Like

I’m actually surprised it wasn’t unanimous for Edey. Don’t love him, but it’s not like he didn’t earn it.

So what you are saying is that Shead should be a shoe in for next year’s POY?

4 Likes

No, because I’d be surprised if he returned.

1 Like

Shead getting 2 POY votes is enough to celebrate along with being a Naismith Finalist. Very proud of this young man. He deserves all the accolades coming his way.

8 Likes

To me, this just speaks of the outstanding level of player development at our program. This coaching staff is one of the best in the nation at developing talent. Shead was a 3 star recruit coming out of HS and to be getting votes for the AP Player of the Year is just amazing. CKS requires a lot out of his players , but it just shows you that if you buy in 100% anything is possible. IMO, Shead is absolutely the best PG that has ever come through UH. I’m excited to see what’s next for him.

4 Likes