Shead not projected to go in the first round of the draft

College Basketball Players projected to be drafted in Round 1 (in order)

Donovan Clingan
Rob Dillingham
Reed Sheppard
Stephon Castle
Dalton Knecht
Cody Williams
Isaiah Collier
Ja’Kobe Walter
Zach Edey
Kyle Filipowski
Devin Carter
Jared McCain
Tristan da Silva
Kevin McCullar Jr.
Yves Missi
Kyshawn George
Bub Carrington
Johnny Furphy
Tyler Kolek
Justin Edwards
Kel’el Ware

via ESPN’s mock draft

Should have stayed in school one more year.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t change the calculus for him at all, he’d just be another year older. Shead was destined for grinding his way up the ladder the hard way one way or the other.

15 Likes

@pearland the only way Shead would’ve gotten a 1st round grade.

Is if he would shot like 38+% from 3pt.

He hasn’t done that. So scouts are like i cant take a non shooter, small guard 1st round

Tyler Kolek on your list, last (2) seasons from 3pt:

*39.8%
*38.8%

Sheads last (3) seasons from 3pt:

*30.9%
*31.0%
*29.8%

Not shocked! He lacks a jump shot at 6 feet and doesn’t have the longest wing span!!!

Nothing against or dimishing his accomplushments at UofH in Shead but im excited what Milos Uzan will bring to the team this upcoming season at 6-4 and long. He seems to have good bb iq and potential as a shooter given his freshman shooting splits!!!

1 Like

I saw him projected to be the 38th. Pick, which then gives him a $multi-million contract.

As opposed to a recent College Grad receiving $40 to &50k per year.

1 Like

You never know. A few teams late in the first could fall in love with him. It’s projected to be a fairly weak draft, so the biased Coog in me thinks he could sneak in.

6 Likes

Unless he bumped his 3 point% up by a decent amount then he’d have a much better chance getitng drafted this June rather than next summer

Projected opinion list. Scouts look stupid every year. Most have watched Jamal for four years. I do not see second round pick. Funny is he will start over most guards TAKEN before him smh. What they always fell to realize is impact on a team. Very few in that first round can match Shead’s energy.

1 Like

projections and averages be dammed. Shead is a winner!

I only he could come back to UH for 1 more year.

3 Likes

$head would eat Kolek’s lunch…

And I like Kolek.

1 Like

Undersell Jamal Shead at your own risk

3 Likes

Remember what the scouts said about Draymond & Steph…

True, and if Jamal could put elite shooter like Curry could on his resume he might be the 7th pick as well.

You didn’t say anything about when Draymond was drafted…

1 Like

If Johnny Furphy goes ahead of Shead, you know scouts are brain dead.

2 Likes

Fuphy is a 6’9" shooter. they are totally different players

2 Likes

Yeah because there’s not a lot of reasons to compare a PF’s report to a PG’s report.

1 Like

I was referring to a talent stand point. Yes Furpfy lit us up when we did not guard him, but when we did the second game, nada. You could not hardly shut down Shead though everyone tried.

so the scouts are braindead if they draft Fuphy before Shead regardless of team needs or literally any other reason because we stopped Fuphy once. Got it

1 Like

:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand: