Shead

Can someone please provide an update ?

2 Likes

Doubt we hear anything til after halftime

Ankle sprain, might not return

Our MASH reserves will have to get the job done.

2 Likes

The bimbo that said “questionable” had no idea what she was talking about. She just blurted that after she said he was being evaluated. He coukd be having his leg amputated and she wouldn’t know the difference.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look good. No shoe on right foot. He is on a scooter

To be fair - he would be questionable in that circumstance

1 Like

Lol

1 Like

I’m hoping against hope it’s some kind of gamesmanship by Coach. Show Duke Shead on a scooter, only to have him come back and whip that ass.

Dunn and Lath have contributed two fouls each.
Without Shead we need a miracle

2 Likes

He’s limping badly. He’s done.

Gonna “give it a go”

I’m sure she was told by the team what Shead’s status was. i highly doubt Wolfson made that up.

Tim Doyle on CBS just said Houston would’ve run Duke of the gym had Shead not been injured. I agree.

8 Likes

There is zero doubt. We would have won by at least 10 points and I am being generous to Duke.

3 Likes

Serious questions (because I don’t know)…

But first, some dislaimers:

1. I assume Shead is (and should) leave for the draft, so I’m not questioning that here (ie whether he will or won’t).
  2. I’m also not trying to imply anything of the nature of his injury tonight impacting his draft projections. Even if it may, that’s not my question.

My questions are this: when a player declares in order to get evaluated, do they go through workouts to do that evaluation? And assuming so, what is the impact on that process when said player happens to be too injured to physically perform in that regard?

I.e. even if hypothetical, what happens if Shead is still too severely hurt to perform when the time comes? Do they just go off of previous play/scouting?

1 Like

he can test the waters in draft and still come back. would help if someone chips in a nice NIL deal.

1 Like

Agree, UH wins by 10 plus points if Shead doesn’t get injured. UH was up 14-7 when Roberts went to the bench with 2 fouls and Shead left with his injury. Duke had 7 points 12 minutes into the game. This team cruises to the final four with a healthy Shead.

5 Likes

Yes, I understand that part…like Sasser did before coming back.

It’s the injury aspect and how that might limit a normal evaluation that I’m asking about.

I know Shead is hurting right now, but some day soon, he will realize that his impact to UH, the coaching staff and his teammates is 100X more important than losing the Duke game. He rose UH to prominence in a new league that no one thought UH could compete and adding life long friendships on and off the court. He will be remembered as the player who fought like a warrior and did it with leadership and grace. A class act.

Duke who?

4 Likes