SHIPLEY DO NUTS CEO | WHY UH?

Thoughts from Shipley Do Nuts’ CEO on WHY they decided to sponsor our beloved University.

29 Likes

Great deal for UH!!!

I hope we can work more such sponsorships!!!

6 Likes

Shipley’s is a Houston institution… At least on the east side.

8 Likes

Shipley’s…the OG

5 Likes

I love this. And I really miss Shipley’s.

Enjoyed their donuts as a little kid in the 70’s up until I left town so in the 90’s. When I go back to the Houston area I always make sure to get Whataburger and Shipley’s glazed donuts.

14 Likes

If they eventually become the named sponsor of TDECU we can welcome opposing teams to the hole

9 Likes

Hopefully the beginning of top tier corporate sponsorships from highly recognized brands.

2 Likes

All I could think when I saw this video was “We Dare”

2 Likes

I’ve been a Shipley’s guy my whole life, now I like them even more!

8 Likes

Anyone know anyone high up at Exxon? I hear they have a couple offices in the woodlands lol

Shipleys just made another $10 tomorrow morning

16 Likes

Yep this is great news for our University! I was going to the Shipley’s on North Main when I was a youngster in the mid to late '50s…gonna have to make a return trip soon!

9 Likes

I used to go get those donuts hot out of the oven at 3am when i would catch a night shift at hardy street yard. So good.

4 Likes

At St. Rose of Lima elementary school back in the '50’s, we attended a church service in the AM and had fresh Shipley’s donuts from their (original?) store on Ella Blvd. @ 34th Street every morning…

3 Likes

Breakfast of Champions !
Go Coogs !

1 Like

Eat 'em Up Coogs (Donuts)!

2 Likes

WoodMark - my parents lived within 1/2 mile of that location since the mid '60’s. The very best donuts in the entire world. The last stop on our way home to Dallas after every football game! And the cinnamon roles are the best!!

Hope this is a step in whatever progression needed to get coffee at our concessions.

4 Likes

You know, I’ve always wondered about coffee at Pro/College concessions, but then I think about the possibility of hot, scalding coffee being used to hurt someone in a brawl or scuffle…don’t think the University would wanna make themselves vulnerable to lawsuits.

Speaking of hot coffee at a FB game, I had a great aunt living in Cuero TX that asked us to attend a Cuero Gobblers’ state HS playoff game at the Conroe HS stadium back in the early '70’s. As I recall it was a fairly close game for awhile and this black lady sitting next to us kept shouting “let Arthur do it!” (referring to RB Arthur Whittington.)

Well shortly thereafter they handed the ball off to Arthur and sure enough he took it to the house. The reason I recall this so clearly is because as soon as Arthur broke into the open she jumped up excited and pitched her coffee (or maybe hot chocolate) straight up in the air and some of it landed right on me.

4 Likes