SHIPLEY DO NUTS CEO | WHY UH?

And definitely on the South Side too.

I’ve been eating them since I was a youngster growing up in Beverly Hills…:grin: The Fuqua location, that is.

Still hit up the MLK and Ardmore stores on occasion, but trying to cut back.

Someone mentioned Dunkin Donuts… As far as I’m concerned they can go the way of Krispy Kreme. KK didn’t make it here, Dunkin is free to go.

Shipley forever!

3 Likes

All we need now is Bucees and Frenchy’s to get on board.

4 Likes

I like Dunkin (I know blasphemy). They have the BEST coffee of any fast food place. There donuts are better than average.

Obviously it’s not Shipley’s but I can eat one in a pinch.

I would not eat KK donuts even if they are free. Too damn sweet and no matter how fresh, they have a store bought texture to them. I would rather eat donuts from Kroger or the local Panaderia.

2 Likes

Try not to eat too many pastries bad for the spare tire in the middle. Shipley is my go to when I get that craving. They use to make a chocolate cover donut back in 70’s when I first got turned on to them by a college roommate that taste like they had bourbon in the icing. My roommate like to drink, that’s why he was a fan of them. :joy:

Not a donut guy but I’ll swing by for a coffee.

1 Like

I can see the headlines now….

“Shipleys Donuts, in a marketing disaster, gave away the poorly designed shirts to the first 10,000 fans at last night’s UH home opener.“

Got my shirt ready!

3 Likes

Krispy Kreme in Katy on Mason Road is still going strong. I like KK. Different style from Shipley’s, but still good.

Of course there are two Shipley’s within just blocks of my house, and their glazed are DA BOMB, so of course I dig Shipley’s.

3 Likes

Thank you Shipley.
I do not like donuts but if I did it would be a Shipley donut.
Awesome of them. Tell a friend. That is how we build a following.

We did a thread a while back with U of H sponsors. We should have another one.

1 Like

Dunkin ain’t got shite on Shipley’s!

3 Likes

I love Shipley’s and I’m appreciative of this dude to join in on the campaign but don’t ever call us little brother ever again. :joy:

2 Likes

They still pack in around 30 donut holes in the bag when you order a dozen. A neighborhood classic. A great owner as well who really supports the area. Couldn’t be happier about this new relationship!

2 Likes

On Dunkin’, I agree.

Those are some of the driest doughnuts anywhere!!!

2 Likes

Donut stores come and go but Shipley’s is anchored in Houston and now the WORLD HC is on Cullen !
Be still my heart !
Go Coogs !

2 Likes

Other than coffee. Why Shipley’s is still serving the equivalent of sanka is just bizarre. Straight up dirty water. But when it comes to everything else, Shipley’s is way better than Dunkin.

2 Likes

Shipley’s on Westheimer past kirkwood makes the glazed hot and ready 247. Best ride there at 11pm or 12am

OBJECTION! YOU’RE OUT OF ORDER!

6 Likes

OVERRULED!!!

1 Like

I do not accept Krispy Kreme slander. Their glazed donuts literally melt in your mouth especially when you get them hot.

Dunkin Donuts straight up suck and since I don’t drink coffee, there is no reason for me to go there.

There are a couple Shipley’s near my house but the local Bakery Donuts gets my donut money when I get them.

4 Likes

Go the Shipley’s off Ella an 610. They are making glazed around the clock. Nothing like driving back to Dallas after a game with a dozen glazed that are so warm the glaze is still melting off. AND – they melt before you start chewing!! And, for a bonus, their cinnamon roles are also fantastic! Has to be the best Shipley’s in Houston area.

1 Like

Does Red Bull go with donuts?

1 Like