Signing Day: Top 2023 Classes in Texas | Five Tool Baseball

Nice article on the improved recruiting stats for the Coogs. Cautiously hopeful going forward. https://fivetool.org/news/signing-day-2023-top-classes-in-texas/

2 Likes

Did you just post something positive about the baseball program? Is that allowed anymore? :smile:

Good news, indeed. Let’s get these guys on campus and turn things around.

4 Likes

This is wonderful news and so glad the Coogs are back to signing top high school kids…I think Kivett is the key here and I truly believe he is being groomed to take over for Todd. We shall see…

3 Likes

If these guys all sign there will be a lot of kids leaving next year for the portal….

Kids like this don’t sign unless they know they are going to play immediately.

2 Likes

Coach Kivett is very well thought of in the baseball community. It’s amazing when you actually recruit the Greater Houston / SE Texas area what can happen

4 Likes

I’ll hold my enthusiasm until I see results on the field. I’ve heard how great our classes have been before and seen lackluster results.

4 Likes

Glad to hear some good news on the baseball front. Need to get this train back on the tracks.

1 Like

I agree with the wait and see attitude……as bad as it’s been lately it needs to be proven.

Also, gonna have to sweat a couple of these guys on the draft.( Russell, Ochoa, Bennett)

If they all make to campus it’s a nice foundation……this year is going to be similar to last year.

Moving to the Big 12 and playing time is what got these boys to commit.

2 Likes

Can’t tell you how many commits we have had over the years who never made it to campus!
That said I am at least happy we are back to recruiting decent high school kids.
I might be wrong but I see more changes coming with the program.
I am in no way an insider, but can see needed changes coming soon.
Of course I had the same feeling about womens hoops and nothing has changed

3 Likes

Im pretty sure we know the answer to that question

Yeah like #1 JUCO class how did that work out for us, not good

3 Likes

“Ochoa Acosta is one of the closest prospects to the heart of Houston, and might also be the area’s best- plus, he’s a U of H commit to boot”

I gotta agree! Wait and see. Performance on the field counts.