Single Game Tickets

We got our 3 seats in same location except all moved one seat to the left. I guess the only “social distancing” involved was to save me from Jim who sits to my right … :joy:

2 Likes

Lol…Jim is part of Steve’s group. They are in their cyfair bubble.

1 Like

I opted out of 2 tickets because the Ticket office LIED to me again. My son opted out of his 2 also.

I specifically asked if there would be any additional single tickets for sale and I was told NO by two different people there. The main reason was I asked about additional tickets was to be able to bring my grandkids to some games and try to make them future Cougars. It just makes me mad that no one there knows what the other one is doing.

I opted out after 50 years. Still a Cougar and still will make some games.

I dont think they intended to sell individual game tickets if our base of season ticket holders purchased the designated number of 25% capacity.

Great that your still going to try to make some games.

I do agree with CgrBkr, they probably did not try to lie, but at the time were hoping all the tickets would have been renewed by season ticket holders. I would give them the benefit of the doubt, this time around.

2 Likes

Too many season ticket holders opted out of this year.

2 Likes

I had to give up my tickets a couple of years ago because I got to the point where I wasn’t able to make the drive from Austin often enough. I’m certainly hoping to get to a game or two this year, if single game tickets are available.

1 Like

I renewed my season tickets, and I too wanted some additional tickets so my grandchildren could attend a few games, as they do every season. (Most of them don’t live in Houston.) Normally, when they come to games here, we just buy them tickets on a game by game basis. But, this year we were initially told that no single game tickets would be sold. - So, I bought four additional season tickets. Some of those tickets will undoubtedly go unused, but, as someone else observed, the school will need the money.

Now that it has been announced that single game tickets will be sold, do I feel lied to? - Not really. It just appears that we had to switch to Plan C. These are extremely different and difficult times we are in; and I am just thankful that UH will be playing ball this fall and I will get to be there to watch.

5 Likes

You’ve really seen it all then because they gave a deadline for today for basketball and then almost a week ago switched it to an indefinite deadline 2 days after I renewed on a payment plan I was questioning. So I feel a little lied to because there were no options.

Cristian and All - I have probably posted something like this previously. I have had very good luck dealing with my Cougar Pride contacts and let them get things set up with the ticket office for me. This is probably because there has not been much turnover in CP while the ticket office has new employees all of the time. So work with your CP contact and you’ll be happier with the results.

1 Like

We renewed our tickets. Can’t wait for a game.

3 Likes

The two people told you what was the truth at the time they told you, because they had no idea the opt out rate would be so high. What turns out to be wrong is just an error, not a lie.

I would think one would want what is best for our program and modifying the sales approach to reflect current reality would be what is best under the circumstances. I bought my tickets and am happy with the seats and happy we will have a chance for more spectators.

2 Likes