SMU in ACC

I’d agree with law on this . Smu had to do it which was right but longterm , the Acc will fall apart leaving smu with leftovers that may or may not be a p5. I’d rather have rivals that our locals care about . Once Fla st etc leave it’s gonna be barely p5 after we take some so it’s the best they can do for now but I’m 100 sure the Acc loses all brands that count when the contract is up or close to it being up.

1 Like

My word, the sheer doomerism here over one four-star recruit verbally committing in September…

1 Like

I’m not certain yet, but I am getting the feeling that 97 is not impressed with SMU joining the ACC.

Perhaps another 30 posts by 97 on the topic will convince me.

8 Likes

Both schools have had GREAT football programs in the past… And both will have them in the future.

Once they get him going there’s no stopping him… Lol

Law maybe right about SMU in the long run. But I think it’s ok to be a little concerned that they seem to be hitting the ground running and we seem to be doing the opposite.

1 Like

If money and NIL deals were guarantees of success then Texas A&M would be running the CFB world right now. It takes money + a great coach with great culture and long term buy-in from the top down. If the FB doesn’t immediately hit the ground running will the boosters stick around? That being said - I think smoo will do pretty well, but the CFB world acting like they’re some juggernaut waking up is bizarre.

1 Like

So far, this is word of the day.

2 Likes

…and the two football Bluebloods in the Big 12 (Texas & Oklahoma) leave after this year so they will have MORE Bluebloods come in than us because, as of this message, none have announced their departure from the ACC.

It’s coming, whether sooner or later.

STAY TUNED!!!

After the San Diego State screw up (prematurely announcing a withdrawal from the MWC), it’s highly unlikely that any team (ie: Clemson, Florida State, et al) will be announcing a withdrawal from the ACC before 2036 (when their media rights deal ends). And that’s far, far into the distant future.

By that point in time, UH might be on our 3rd, 4th or 5th new FB coaching staff. And as a point of reference, the HS players being recruited at that point in time are just now entering kindergarten.

They have dozens of Tillman’s.

Tilman built his empire. Those foos inherited theirs.

Where were they the last 30 years? If it is so easy, why haven’t they succeeded in lower leagues? The assumption their deep pockets will make them successful in a power league is wishful thinking.

I concur.

Having rich fat cats hasn’t translated into either a ranked finish or a conference championship for SMU IN almost four decades.

That’s why I AIN’T SKEERED.

Maybe you haven’t heard that NIL has been passed by the highest court in the land and now big changes are coming!

you might want to read up on how Tilman’s family “built” their empire…lol

2 Likes

Blasphemy… he pulled himself up from his bootstraps and built up a restaurant and hospitality juggernaut!

1 Like

Legitimate Businessman

Attention Fertitta Haters:

Who wants to meet for a sit down? Oh, and don’t plan anything in the future.

1 Like

And Tony Soprano made a killing in Waste Management!