2019-20 Athletic Year gets closer and closer
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- The Cougars prepare to begin third season under Head Coach Diego Bocanegra.
- Houston returns 23 members of its 2018 squad.
- The Cougars welcome seven newcomers in a signing class that features players from Colorado, Florida, New Zealand and Texas.
- Last season Houston posted an overall record of 7-10-2, including a 3-5-1 finish in conference play.
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES
- HBU is entering its 13th season under Head Coach Misty Jones.
- Last season HBU posted an overall record of 10-8-1, including an 8-2-1 second place finish in the Southland Conference.
- The Huskies return 12 letter winners from last season and welcome nine newcomers.
- In their last meeting, the Huskies collected a 3-1 win over the Cougars in their second match of season.
Live statistics for all home Houston Soccer matches can be found HERE *.
QUOTES FROM COACH
“We’re always happy to get a win. It’s a good starting point for us, and exhibition games are just that. We’re looking at new players that just joined the team, we’re looking at how well they play with each other and different combinations, and we’re looking to implement our style of play. I thought we had a lot of good moments and this early in the season that’s all we can really ask for.” said Head Coach Diego Bocanegra.
HOW IT HAPPENED
*The match was played in three 30-minute periods, instead of two 45-minute halves.
*Reid Morrison scored the first two goals of the match, both of which were assisted by Natalie Anderson.
*Desiree Bowen, with an assist from freshman Brielle Maloney, scored the third and final goal of the match in the early minutes of the third period.
*23 different Cougars saw action in the exhibition match, including five of the seven newcomers of the 2019 signing class.