Special Teams coach

Needs to be let go at the end of the season. This is ridiculous.

5 Likes

Let him go tonight

6 Likes

Let him go at halftime!!!

6 Likes

Ideally yes, but realistically it wont be until the end of the year.

3 Likes

Before the game, i heard don’t kick it to Jones, nobody said don’t kick to the USF returner

1 Like

Wish we could get Tony L. back. He was an excellent special teams coach.

12 Likes

You either kick out the ball out of bounds or you kick a high pop up to the 20 or 30 yard line near the sideline.

ST coach doesn’t kick the ball but he does pick who kicks

1 Like

3 kickoff returns for TD’s in consecutive games…I bet that has NEVER happened in our 75 years.

3 Likes

I did say this three days ago

1 Like

Kick it short and middle of field and your coverage is screwed.

At some point Dana will realize ST coach Needs to be replaced. Blake Gideon was awesome so would be great to get him back.

4 Likes

Worst offensive line play ever. Fire a coach. We gave up a sack.

1 Like

Agreed
The offensive line coach needs to be fired

How about suggesting something constructive instead of immediately going negative.

Give the Special Teams coach a support monkey and a stripper.

13 Likes

And it didn’t start last night. Its been bad for a while.
41 is flat slow.

Beamer used to say, “you can’t play on special teams if you’re slow. And that includes the kicker.”

I think the kickoff coverage teams have gotten accustomed to the ball being kicked deep so it’s a touchback and when it isn’t they may not be as on point …. I guess maybe a few get lackadaisical, that’s my opinion

1 Like

Dana’s post game comments made it clear this aspect of our team will be addressed today.

They all are practicing today, after a late night flight home. This was mentioned by our players during their post game interviews.

5 Likes

3 hours of kickoff coverage drills and potential personnel change is a good idea

1 Like