Special Teams

How long was the FG that beat Tulsa in the last second?

3 Likes

It was a 51 yd FG that would have easily been good from 60+

8 Likes

I can’t think of any FG more dramatic than Matt Hogan’s FG to beat Tulsa and Head Coach Todd Graham. The radio call was pretty epic too.

7 Likes

I remember watching that in the Den on campus. The pandemonium in there when it went through the uprights, was epic.

5 Likes

I was at work that night spotting tank cars at kinder morgan in galena park. I got off around halftime and found a Chilies on i10. I was It was quite a scene in there.

2 Likes

My best guess


1 Like

Didn’t Hogan just win the job mid season after someone else flamed out? Added to the drama that Hogan was untested

3 Likes

Yes. Hogan was a redshirt freshman and replaced sophomore Jordan Mannisto.

3 Likes

I was at Dirty’s (since closed) in the Heights and it was full of Coogs and the place exploded when the kick went through. My old flip phone went flying across the room. Good times.

3 Likes

FG returns? I recall Brandon Wilson a few years back


https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400869507/oklahoma-houston

3 Likes

What’s crazy about that is that Roman Anderson wasn’t the starting place kicker at Clements high school!!

1 Like

Roman was the kicker during my time at UH. I met him once at the Quad. Really great guy. And a true football player. He said coaches got on him all the time for flying down the field on kickoffs trying to make the tackle. They wanted him to hang back, play “safety” and, mainly, not get hurt.

5 Likes

I remember watching that in the Den of my house. Their was pandemonium when it went through the uprights.

I watched it from within the stadium. If it had not been for that damn building, he would’ve kicked that ball across the street on the fly.

6 Likes