Stalemate

Now the truth is coming out. Ukraine will never win this war.

Russia can throw bodies out there for the next 10 years. Ukraine can’t.

1 Like

What truth is coming out?

Ukraine wasn’t supposed to win against a world power like Russia.

The US is the only reason there’s a stalemate.

This news isn’t quite the gotcha headline the WSJ wants you to believe.

3 Likes

No no no, the narrative we were being spoon fed , was Ukrainians were pushing the Russian’s out of the country with there new great offensive, which was a lie, being propagated by state media oh I mean the news media. Zelensky needs to negotiate for peace accept the geopolitical realities and quit fighting to the last Ukrainian in a proxy war

3 Likes

So what happens if Russia wins the war?

Honestly… Ukraine has every right to want their land back.

If they have the will to fight… Go for it.

4 Likes

Ukraine doesn’t have to “win.” It has to outlast Putin.

Putin is getting lots of internal pressure. Hopefully, he falls out of a window within the next few years.

See Afghanistan and Vietnam.

6 Likes

I’ve been reading for weeks about the difficulties the Ukrainians have encountered
about an entrenched enemy and the slow progress. This has been covered in MSM
for weeks. Stalemate is probably an accurate description at this point. But one combatant is
fighting for their homeland , the other is fighting as an invading force, that has suffered
greater than expected loses, a recent coup attempt, and being lead by an old out of touch guy, and
has moral issues.

The west can’t let Russia annex whatever it wants whenever it wants and expect a “piece treaty”
be the solution.

1 Like

If you mean a “peace treaty,” I somehow doubt that Ukraine will agree to any such treaty that would involve a large loss of territory.

Nor should we expect them to.

No, I mean exactly that , a “piece treaty” , where you continually give a piece of your country up
every few years to keep mother Russia happy and let it try to reincarnate the Soviet Union.
Not acceptable !

1 Like

Putin has stated he’s has no desire to reinstate the Soviet Union, as he said the former states of it, have no desire be dominated by Russia or incorporated by Russia. Nor Russia has a desire to incorporate them. But it’s a good propaganda point with folks here in America who have no idea what Putin has said beside what the media is spoon feeding them. Listen to any of Putin’s utterances not once has he said he wants to reconstruct the Soviet Empire in fact just the opposite. Now what he has said is he won’t accept NATO being on his door step, because they see It it as existential threat to Russia. After enough people die they’ll be some type of negotiated settlement what will it look like,who knows. Fact, U.S. is running out of munitions to provide Ukraine. Hence the reason they gave them cluster bombs. Old stock munitions, at that.

Putin’s actions by invading Georgia and Ukraine speak louder than any of his words to the contrary.

1 Like

Now you know NATO was looking to invite Georgia possibly he took action, Just to make sure that didn’t happen. Just like Ukraine.

That’s not what that article says. It says Georgia asked for membership. It says nothing about “NATO looking to invite Georgia.”

It also says Russia had military bases in Georgia. This tells me that this was a Georgian leader who was acting out against Russia, and he got smacked, consequently.

I can’t imagine there are pro Russian and pro Putin people out there,

It makes no sense to me. This is about as clear of a right v wrong fight as there is.

If the argument is we aren’t pro Putin we are anti sending weapons to Ukraine…. You are really Pro Putin. Or you are so anti American that no matter what the U.S. does you are taking the other side.

2 Likes

No I don’t.

Georgia’s asking to join NATO doesn’t indicate that we or other NATO Allie’s were looking at them or wanted them to join.

It takes two to Tango.

Nice try.

Picking fly crap out out of pepper. He wasn’t going to accept them looking to be in NATO or NATO accepting them .just like Ukraine. It kind of like conference realignment, you don’t come out and and say we are going to add such and such team,even though everyone knows that the intentions.

My friend just because you tell the truth of the facts doesn’t make anyone pro anything besides pro for the truth and folks understanding how this mess really got started. But like good ole America, they can’t handle truth therefore your anti- American or pro this or that. Fact is I think Putin is a reprehensible human being.

Putin’s actions were naked aggression against a country that didn’t threaten Russia in the least.

Any other narrative is just wrong no matter how you spin it.

Unless you understand Russian history it will make no sense to you or any other citizen in this country not up with there history. Lost 22 million of there people in WW II including being invaded by Napoleon. If China and Mexico were to become close allies militarily you think the U.S. would accept that? Almost annihilated the world behind Cuba the Soviet Union military alliance “Cuban Missile Crisis” . Unless you’re buying team America party line something wrong with you. People mind as well accept the fact Putin is not going to accept a military alliance on his door step and he has shown it time and time again, the U.S. knows this. Realpolitik doesn’t mirror fantasy land. It’s about powerful states who have interest and spheres of influence i.e., Monroe Doctrine. The Russians have there Monroe Doctrine

1 Like