Starting to get annoyed

Chronicle headline
“Roberts, Shead lead Cougars’ escape act”

Escape?

Weren’t we ahead almost the entire second half?

FWIW, I’m not sure if beat writers write the headline or not. Just saying.

9 Likes

We went ahead to stay at the 12:18 mark in the 2nd half by a Sharp layup (42-40).

4 Likes

Well, our beat writer, Duarte, wasn’t even in Cincinnati and, even though his name was on the game story, he likely didn’t write the whole thing.

But, yes, I too was annoyed by the headline. But that we get any headline from the Chronicle is a vast improvement from the way things used to be back in bad ole days of CUSA, when the Chronicle’s “headline” for the “game story” for UH road games consisted of just the score and the story’s text consisted of three or fourth rote, soulless paragraphs.

So, it’s hard to compare the Chronicle’s present clumsy at best coverage of the Cougars with how pitiful the paper’s coverage it used to be. Put differently, it is difficult to say if the glass is now half full or half empty when the glass that the Chronicle served to UH for years was a sippy cup.

1 Like

IMG_2139

14 Likes

Johnny - You to remember that the Chronicle is run by primarily teasips

3 Likes

Indeed!!

They are out to get us!

1 Like

It was a good tussle where we had to rally but credit to Cincy for giving us a tough fight. I don’t mind describing it as an escape when we were up by 13-15 then down ~8 during the course of the game.

5 Likes

Yall need to calm down.

5 Likes

It was a one possession game with less than 10 seconds in the game. Textbook escape.

6 Likes

Im writing the editor of the Houston Post to complain

18 Likes

#hearstfishwrap

It’s ok we are fixing to kick their ass Saturday!!

On a large paper copy readers normally write the headlines. Duarte did not write that

1 Like

Wait until next week’s Chron headline:

“Horns Defiant But Fall To Top 5 Team”

4 Likes

Best Houston tradition, tearing up the local paper at tip off. It don’t matter what the writers think! Eat em up

1 Like

I’d take that any day over…

“Horns down fraudulent Coogs”
(Or any flavor of that type of result) :wink:

2 Likes

Get off my lawn too

1 Like

I’d imagine the Chronicle could come up with something better. Something better like:

"Horns Score Quality Loss Lock Down No. 1 Seed in NIT".
1 Like