Stiner flips to Florida

https://twitter.com/LukeStampini/status/825856778076319745

https://twitter.com/dstiner3/status/825864321058140160

I knew Stiner would be gone after his OV to Gatorland this weekend. Im pretty sure Cosmi is next. We will flip some others to our program come Feb 1st.

1 Like

damn this recruiting class. one step forward two steps back.

1 Like

Patience.

4 Likes

That’s fantastic news. Losing another commit to a P5 school will allow us the opportunity to flip a scrappy two-star kid who committed to North Texas or UTSA.

It’s good to resume our rightful place in the pecking order.

3 Likes
5 Likes

give me a break…safeties who run a 4.7 are no great prospect, i dont give a damn whether Florida wanted him or not…The Bradley kid was also a great QB at Cleburne and runs a 4.39…
i want DBs who might actually be able to COVER fast receivers…

5 Likes

Stiner was a solid recruit, but there is a bit of a logjam at safety with both Williamses, Davis, and Wilder already there.

We need CB more right now (and should get 1 or 2 this week). Would still like to see a JUCO there.

1 Like

Welcome to the Gator bench for 4 years have fun.

3 Likes

Lol. Yep, need to move to a P5.

Come on, let’s show some class.

2 Likes

Ok good luck to young men.

We should track these young men and see how their career’s progress. Track just how much playing time they get in their P5 school and also track how their school continues to recruit 4* & 5* players at respective position throughout their careers.
Tony Brown, Kendall Sheffield, and Maurice Smith; all former 5* and 4* DB’s from Texas enrolled at Alabama and saw little or no playing time during their tenure while following the “process”.
All of these programs, just like Alabama, will continue to recruit the highest touted players available year after year. Getting caught up in the glitter and hype and ego inflation of the recruiting has left an amazing amount of talent and potential “riding the bench” at the big name schools. It’s a shame so many talented players aren’t mature enough to recognize that the “best place to be” isn’t always the best place to be.

2 Likes

Nah. Lets just move on. That requires more effort than is necessary. I only care about a coogs playing career. Plus thats kinda salty.

5 Likes

Amen! Go Coogs!

1 Like

^^^THIS

1 Like

Chill man. All in all CMA has done a good job of keeping recruits and building on what we had. This always happens when a HC leaves and takes half his staff with him. It may be cloudy but the sky ain’t falling. Unless of course some of our down-in-the-mouth fans create doubt in the minds of recruits, that is. Hang in there.

1 Like

Still better than Herman’s transition year. Shit, one of the better in the past several years outside of last year.

UH used to get 4 - 6 3-star athletes. We are way past that point. And again, Herman’s bailing out, and the way he went about it, set our program back this year.

But like you note, we’re still way ahead of where we were 4 or 5 years ago. And give Major and his coaches a full year to recruit and build relationships with those recruits and next year will be a bumper crop. And that doesn’t mean this is a poor year. We just don’t have any 5-star recruits.

But OU and Fla St each bring in 10 to 12 4-star recruits and a few 5-stars every year and we kicked both their butts pretty good. In 2 more years ESPN goes belly-up and it’s a whole new ball game. So, the sky’s not falling.