Stuard

You gotta admit, hes one of the few people on defense whose not afraid to tackle somebody or give up on a play. If he can get his deep coverage skills up, he will play on Sundays. Definitely has a great motor.

6 Likes

Agree. He’s always there with no quit.

2 Likes

He is my spirit animal. With a mane like a lion.

3 Likes

Definitely aggressive, definitely a hitter, overruns a bunch of tackles though.

2 Likes

It’s hard to question his effort.

2 Likes

He gives 100% on every play, he can’t do anything about his speed though.

2 Likes

He has tons of heart.

1 Like

A lot of heart…but NOT ENOUGH SPEED.

4 Likes

He’s got pretty good straight line, but lateral speed is lacking. He’s more of an OLB than a nickle.

4 Likes

We are def missing speed at the safety spot, other teams know it and exploit it (as they should)…

What’s the word on Jordan?

1 Like

I have been a Stuard fan since seeing his HS film before he was even on campus and that has not changed.

I am afraid he simply does too much to cover deep. I think I would rather see him working the line of scrimmage and QB pursuit. His left and right capabilities are key on options, sweeps and screens. Short coverage and add midfield is pressing a bit more but deep, in addition I believe is too taxing for anybody.

All that said, he would not hold back if he thinks he can do it. He chased wide outs to the goal with some success.

1 Like

I’m with you, really like but think he is better served in a different capacity. I like when we brink him in on blitzes and spy on the QB. He gets there quick and I think we could really increase QB pressure and sacks with him totally changing the dynamics of the defense.

I’m not not going to pretend to be a defense guru but in some of our formations it looks like we have to many people floating around in the secondary and everyone is lost. Are the lost because they are not sure who has who? With all those people we are still letting them catch it over the middle every time. Why not send Stuard to blitz and try running some man with safety help just to see what happens?

2 Likes

Well said, I agree

2 Likes

He is why we aren’t blitzing a lot because we don’t want him to get locked into man coverage with a fast WR.

2 Likes

It is a balance that he is a big part in setting. He continues to learn and experience and get coaching. He sure bulked up alot from last year. His wingspan looks like 8 feet wide!

Every player in our locker room would serve themselves well to emulate the heart and effort of Grant Stuart.

5 Likes