Taiwans next

Nope, not me. But we do know you’re CCoog. Kind of pathetic that you won’t admit to who you are.

1 Like

READ THIS!!!

FACT SHEET: Indo-Pacific Strategy of the United States | The White House

Quote: * Deepening our five regional treaty alliances with Australia, Japan, the Republic of Korea (ROK), the Philippines, and Thailand

Taiwan is mentioned, but NOT as one of those treaty allied countries.

They are considered a “partner,” not an ally.

They have the same status as, let’s say, Vietnam or India.

Quote: * Strengthening relationships with leading regional partners, including India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam, and the Pacific Islands

That’s really random…don’t remember cccoog…and won’t admit?..this is news to me…this is goofy but par

Can’t think of a better meme for just how silly the “both sides are the same” idiocy is.

What does an agreement to promote peace and stability mean to you… That’s our agreement.

Even with this current president?

Yes, they do.

First of all, it’s NOT an agreement between countries, and it is NOT a treaty.

It’s only a Congressional resolution.

At least get that much right. Stop calling it an agreement. That’s FALSE.

Second, a Congressional resolution to help maintain peace and stability does NOT equate to a mutual defense treaty with another country.

Trust me. We DO NOT HAVE such a treaty with Taiwan. I say that as someone who has some experience in the field as a Foreign Area Officer. I’ve told you the five countries in the Indo-Pacific that we have such treaties with, and Taiwan isn’t one of them. I’ve even showed you the White House’s own official document on that.

Only the Executive Branch can negotiate such a treaty, and such a treaty DOES NOT EXIST with Taiwan.

You can call up anyone in the State Department or DOD if you don’t believe me.

Ok you warhawks you prepared to see American cities incinerated. After that considering there still human beings in the leftovers. Tell us your masterful plan on putting humpty dumpty back together once broken. I waiting on your divine knowledge and wisdom on this.

Simply not really true. We’ve posted the data on this before; we were NOT energy independent.

1 Like

With stones and sticks, duh!

1 Like

Kyle, give it up, when UHLaw’s posts become longer and longer, it just means he’s not going to concede the debate no matter what.

BTW, why would the US Navy sail through the straights of Taiwan in international waters, if China claims it as their territory. Proof enough that we consider Taiwan not a part of China. “Unofficially.”

1 Like

China claiming South Sea is like the US claiming all of the Gulf of Mexico as ours exclusively which we do not. Need to keep sailing those sea’s regardless of what they say. The Hague Court has ruled they are in violation of international law. They ignore the ruling like all great powers do when they don’t like something. That has got to change. A world ruled by law not of men, Is the only means forward for peaceful co- existence

Clearly you’re CCoog. Like I said, pathetic that you won’t admit it.

2 Likes

Legally, the USA can indeed sail naval vessels through the Straits of Taiwan, or at least, that’s the official US position, correct or incorrect.

See here.

Of course I won’t concede when I know US foreign policy and have correctly stated it. Would you? US foreign policy is the following: a) we do not formally recognize Taiwan, and b) we have NO mutual defense agreement or treaty with them.

I’m sorry if that truth/reality hurts, but it is what it is.

And no, the USA only has INFORMAL diplomatic relations with Taiwan, NOT formal ones.

The Taiwan Relations Act even states that. Don’t believe me? Read this from the act itself.

Quote: The President (Law97: Jimmy Carter at the time) having terminated governmental relations between the United States and the governing authorities on Taiwan recognized by the United States as the Republic of China prior to January 1, 1979

We have not had formal diplomatic relations or formally recognized Taiwan as China since the Carter administration. And of course, we have NO mutual defense treaty with them.

Did you not read the White House’s own list of our five ALLIES in the Indo-Pacific? Taiwan wasn’t one of them.

It’s not about me not conceding. It’s about me being correct and Kyle being incorrect.

Dig?

I’m glad you admitted that you were wrong… Wait… Incorrect.

I’ve already agreed that they’re not NATO… But we do have an agreement with TAIWAN…

Unless that’s another Taiwan mentioned in HR2479 The Taiwan Relations Act.

Again, the Taiwan Relations Act is NOT a mutual defense treaty or agreement with Taiwan. Not sure why you don’t “get” that.

It’s a Congressional resolution, and that’s NOT the same. A Congressional resolution is NOT a treaty, much less a mutual defense treaty or mutual defense agreement.

I’m not sure why you have such a hard time understanding that. We have mutual defense treaties with five countries in the Indo-Pacific, and Taiwan is NOT one of them.

There is indeed only one Taiwan, but said Taiwan is NOT a treaty ally.

The Taiwan Relations Act does indeed resolve to promote, peace, etc., as you say but does NOT guarantee that we will defend Taiwan, nor does it constitute a mutual defense treaty to that effect between the USA and Taiwan.

I’m sorry if you don’t know the difference. Perhaps you’ll learn over time.

OK…we get it…

Kyle and Norb don’t, apparently.

Confidence that the US would come to their defense under this current president is very questionable/ doubtful. The Taiwanese have to be very concerned.