TCU can't keep our name out their mouths

Do they wear 7 popped collars like smoo ?
Go Coogs !

1 Like

Good point.

Jim Wacker used to coach Minnesota. Was not particularly popular up there.

Unfortunately for this board, it is the team with the 8 game winning streak over UH.

1 Like

Why would we care about TCU football? Their fans don’t. The only time their stadium fills up is when Tech fans do it.

Meh, start a fact based thread with their warts (based in fact). Let them visit us and look in the mirror. Otherwise, let their ignorance and fear vent.

Yeah glass houses and all.

Uncomfortable conversation - attendance - Cougar Football - Coogfans

FYI, The TCU stadium record is not against Tech.

Apparently, UH fans do care about TCU, just like some TCU fans care about UH as an opponent on that board. Just not much in the way of anyone knowing actual facts.

This. Arguing perspectives in chat rooms won’t do a thing. Go to the games. Represent your school and do it with class. It’s football.

Meh. I know the deal. TCU = whatever.

I’ve only been to one tcu uh game and it was a bowl game. Been to tcu’s campus twice for bowl games. I like it and the area. Had a pretty good burger at a local restaurant… don’t remember the name. But I’m looking forward to the fact that we will finally have in state rivals again. Drivable games!!

There was a UH - TCU game at The Rob back in 2003 that was tremendous. More points than a lot of basketball games.

Of course, the Klingler - Vogler game in 1990 was a fun one, too.

3 Likes

I read that thread and I don’t think either side gets to boast about their knowledgeable message board fan base.

1 Like

I had a decent burger at Dutch’s – was there for the AAC Basketball Tourney earlier this year. I have no issue with TCU (except for one of their baseball fans when they visited UH but that’s ok because I have issues with A LOT of UH fans that sit in my general area at TDECU).

Yep. I remember that. TCU was exciting to watch. I felt bad for them. If I recall correctly, lots of those players really didn’t understand how the “system” worked. They just assumed it was an open part of college football. They talked about it openly. Yes, they took the money, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, they didn’t all seem to be expecting it based on the accounts. I remember the tcunbelievable bumper stickers and Jim Wacker was the man. It all went away as quickly as it started.

I believe that is the place! Would return.

1 Like

That was my point. Many of them are stuck in the past (not all), but those here call them out on it, then proceed to be stuck in the past about describing TCU. If someone is going to call them out, then at least don’t do the same thing you are calling them out on.

Pretty much all the SWC schools were paying players at that time, but only 3-4 certain ones got punished the most.

Makes me think of all the SEC players recently that post their cash pics on twitter. Of course none of those schools will see anything about it.

It doesn’t matter what any of us think of the other. If Baylor as an institution is still allowed in the conference then everybody fits in.

That place is vile.

2 Likes

What a bunch of pathetic losers. They are G5 without us and the other three universities and markets that were added to their Left Over Conference. Lots of lies in that thread.

1 Like

TCU and Baylor will fall in line with their SWC selves and be fodder for everyone else. The answer to their question “What do we get with Houston” is the better recruits. FTCU

No body will ever out pop collar Smoo! If you ever get to hear SMU-TCU trash talk before one of their games, best stuff ever.