TDECU Stadium saw the largest home attendance increase in the nation last season

Houston Football on X: “:chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend: TDECU Stadium saw the largest home attendance increase in the nation last season :exploding_head: #GoCoogs https://t.co/GCK9zD0xlQ” / X (twitter.com)

7 Likes

Good box office attractions sells tickets

6 Likes

The school names on the opponents jerseys were a big factor

15 Likes

People say Houstonians don’t care about UH…Wrong! Just want interesting matchup and familiar brand name teams to root against…

5 Likes

I sure hope attendance doesn’t fall off now that we fired Holgy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

We are gonna see one of the biggest declines next year. No UT, common fan has no hype for our new coach.

2 Likes

So our attendance increase was higher than Colorado’s ? :thinking:

Easier to achieve if you have a smaller stadium.

1 Like

Do we get to keep Logan??

I disagree it’ll be one of the biggest declines. I think UH fans are knowledgeable enough to see a real coach when they see one. Hell they came out last year IN SPITE OF the coach we had.

There’s no Texas, but the opponents are still much better than what we had in AAC. These Big 12 opponents all bring visitors as well!

3 Likes

On top of no UT, we don’t have the best home schedule this year. UNLV and Rice OOC games don’t draw and our Big12 teams at home are not ones fans will care about except Baylor. No hype of the first year in the B12 and no UT and projected to be near last in the conference add up to a decline.

1 Like

The way the new coach is engaging and is seemingly everywhere all of the time, we won’t decline. He will engage with the students, area HS coaches and players will come. Win the UNLV game, a decent showing against OU, win v Rice, win away at Cincy, they will begin coming. I think the days of AAC with many 18k games are behind us.

5 Likes

We’ll know when, and if, they release season ticket renewal & sales numbers in a month or two.

Also, the big increase was helped by the big decrease UH saw in the Holgie years.

1 Like

Competition is not an excuse anymore. Put it to bed. We are in a major conference now with regional opponents every year and a chance to play for a national title.

1 Like

I go to see the Cougars, not who we’re playing.

1 Like

And your point is?