Temple Gets 8 Days off before they Play UH

It’ll just make us better if we’re a bit more fatigued. Do you guys just want to glide through the season with zero challenges? What’s the point of that?

1 Like

I think our guys will be amped up for Temple…

Question is will I be there…?

2 Likes

They can theoretically make it unfair by making long layoffs for the better teams / rivals before playing UH.
And only giving UH long layoffs before weak teams.
But ultimately we can try to make unfair scheduling work for us because it can make us better prepared for the tourney.

Hopefully we can get our starters less minutes at Witchita State.

We had extra rest for the Tulane game. Stop whining. Doesn’t matter how much rest anyone has we’re still rolling into Philly and getting revenge. Coogs by 10!

1 Like

Francis needs alot more time.
Understood the AAC has more SF/PF types near the basket vs the banger types.

At some point he will have to play big minutes vs the great teams.

francis

“We missed too many shots and were slow on defense because we’ve played too many games.”

“We missed too many shots and had slow defensive rotations because we were rusty.”

THE SCHEDULE ISN’T FAIR!!

:laughing:

1 Like

I would like this but we’re winning by 20+!

1 Like

Are you guys really surprised about the scheduling gaps given that the American has 11 teams? Everyone has to take a week break at some point because everyone can’t have a partner in every circumstance.

Francis is losing minutes because he gets lost on defense and against sagging defenses he is not effective…hopefully he gets on track…maybe he matches up with WSU, but he did not look very good against Temple the first go around

Tell that to CKS !!

This wouldn’t even be getting mentioned if we’d beat them the first time.

1 Like

While I think this is demonstrably true, it is unlikely being done intentionally, at least by the conference. Most likely it is driven by TV. When our TV partners make their selection, we are their first choice more often than not. Notice the games during these weird stretches have been across multiple networks (ESPN/ESPN2, CBS, throw in the odd ESPNU game). We’re paying the price for being (arguably) the only interesting team in the league.

You get to tournaments you play pretty much back to back. Not a big deal

1 Like

8 days to emotionally prepare for a blowout loss

Go Coogs

1 Like

Every team in Conf gets 2 separate weeks during Conf play where they ea get anywhere from 6-8 day period off. No advantages built for one Team more than the other. Conf scheduling people-- uhh more like computers has/had no idea that the Temple gm would be for 1st place in the Conf. Just the way it happens sometimes. Coogs had a week to prepare for road gm at UCF n CKS mentioned that it definitely helped in preparation.
#GoCoogs

This wouldn’t be an issue if they had beaten them at home. But Sampson has mentioned that he feels like they are more focused on the road. Aside from possible fatigue from the Wichita game, I feel good about a win in both.

2 Likes

I heard the ACC didn’t approve of Shead’s hairstyle so they are making us play 2 road games in 4 days.

3 Likes

I realize this was just a typo on your part but one nice thing about leaving the AAC is no longer having to have people mix up our conference. Any time I google something about AAC basketball, google wants to correct my search to ACC basketball.

3 Likes

Wasn’t this the same situation last year except it was against Memphis both games.