Temple Out

Short of us making a deep run with most of our bench contributing every game, I think Wichita State may be the favorite next year.

1 Like

I want to see that.

1 Like

Taco vs Zion? All Taco can do is stand under the basket, take charges, wait for a pass or rebound, and dunk it without leaving the floor. While that can alter a opponents plans, Taco will be no match for Zion.

2 Likes

Belmont is one of the best shooting teams in the country percentage wise. They aren’t very big with the exception of their tall center but they run a guard-oriented motion offense that makes matchups difficult. As for Temple, they don’t fair well when their leading scorer Shizz Alston doesn’t produce and he was way off last night, as was Rose who played out of his mind against us.

1 Like

I expect Belmont to beat 6 seed Maryland and could possibly even shock LSU. That’s what is great about March Madness.

They do lose Haynes-Jones and McDuffie which were the only two players they had scoring 10+ PPG.

A lot will depend on if Cumberland leaves (he’s only a junior), but I’d imagine that Houston, Cincy, or Memphis will probably be the favorites heading into next year. Memphis loses a lot from this year’s team, but that recruiting class will probably get some attention from prognosticators.

McDuffie can flat out ball. I was very impressed with him in the tournament games I saw.