Tennessee Oilers

Nah.

They’ll never have an Oilers fanbase like ‘Luv ya Blue’ in Tennessee… GTFOH with dat bs!

14 Likes

You have to give Amy Adams a lot of credit for including the Oilers alumni in the Titans franchise. The Oilers players have really appreciated her efforts to keep them as part of the family.

1 Like

They’re not, though… Maybe McNair and that group but you can’t tell me the Oilers’ players from the 60s-90 feel more loyalty to that franchise than to Houston.

2 Likes

I don’t. They belong in Houston. However, Bud and his daughter didn’t give a crap about the city or its fans. They gave the big middle finger to Houston.

9 Likes

I heard one of the former Oilers say they (he and his teammates) are basically players with no team. They were never Titans and never played in Tennessee. Those fans never saw them play. On the flip side, the Texans never tried to reach out to them. Don’t think you can really blame them for that.

2 Likes

Sickening. Why is everybody in Tennessee so obsessed with Houston? (Memphis fans and the Titans).

11 Likes

Single white female

1 Like

Texans should reach out imo… It’s HOUSTON’s former players not TENNESSEE’s…

Maybe just do a great moments in Houston Football history celebration when they do it… Texans should run out a powder blue uni just to be a-holes… :grin:

3 Likes

Cursed uniforms

I understand the frustration being a former Oilers die hard, but Bud Adams will forever be linked to it and the blood between Houston and the Adam’s family will always be bad.

Simply put, Houston doesn’t have the rights to the name or uniform. The Texans belonged to the city. Mr. McNair made sure to make the fans feel that way. Unfortunately, his glass-licking son has not.

New uniforms are on the way for 2024. I was hoping for a Columbia blue return, but the Adams’ timing of going with throwbacks will look like we’re being copycats.

https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/.amp/news/john-mcclain-ends-tennessee-titans-houston-oilers-throwback-jersey-debate

John McLain has always suck d up to the Adams family so why change now.

John McLame…

McClain can’t even retire correctly.

5 Likes

I don’t know about that, they were loyal to the team and certain coaches; but I think Houston fans were more loyal to them than vice versa. I am sure many remember the poor attendance in hard times and the boos and hateful comments in the stands as well as the airwaves.

1 Like

I know the players that attended the Titans Oilers reunion the last two years and they all are loyal to the Titans /Oilers.

If I were Mcnair, I would open up my check book and help pay for the Titans shiny new stadium to get the OIlers name/ history back from the Adams. Make the Titans begin their own history/identity.
It would be a large sum of money, but it would pay off immediately. People love nostalgia. Look at what Crane did. Bought one of the worse franchises in the league at the time and made the switch to the old Astros logo.

This is just a way to sell merchandise because no one wants those world league looking jerseys they wear now and they get to give the finger to Houston in the process so that checks their petty box.

3 Likes

Have to be honest: I have a throwback Oilers hat and I get fist bumps from strangers whenever I wear it. When I wear Texans stuff, nothing. UH, Astros and Rox all get love. But Texans? Nada.

Billy Madison McNair and his idiotic management team have ruined the Texans and we need DeMecco and CJ Stroud to save it.