Tennis to Compete in All-American Tournament, H-E-B Invitational

Houston Tennis continues its 2019 fall season when it sends four across the state to Waco, Texas to compete in the H-E-B Invitational, hosted by Baylor, across Oct. 4-6 and sends one in Mimi Kendall-Woseley when she’ll head to the All-American Tournament hosted by Tulsa across Oct. 5-13.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

• Twelve other programs will compete at the H-E-B Invite including Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Illinois, Iowa State, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M and UTSA.
  • The Cougars will send four to compete on the weekend, including doubles pair of Ndindi Ndunda and Azul Pedemonti.
  • Play will kick off at 9 a.m. each day of the tournament.
  • On the doubles court, pairs Nuduna/Pedemonti and Phonexay Chitdara/Sophie Gerits will both compete in Green and Gold Doubles.
  • Singles play will commence with Chitdara, Gerits, and Pedemonti competing in Gold Draw Singles and Ndunda competing in Green Draw Singles.
1 Like

QUOTES FROM COACH
“I’m extremely pleased with the way everyone competed this weekend. I felt like we were one of the best teams at the Baylor Invite and Mimi Kendall-Woseley fought very hard on the court to represent UH in the best possible light at the All-American Tournament in Tulsa. This group has a lot of heart and desire to do well. I’m looking forward to the regional tournament in a couple of weeks.” said Head Coach Helena Besovic.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

• On the doubles court, pair Phonexay Chitdara/Sophie Gerits made it to doubles finals finishing the weekend off 4-1, and pair Ndindi Ndunda/Azul Pedemonti tally an overall record of 2-1.
  • For singles play, Ndunda topped off the weekend 4-0, Chitdara came in at 1-1, Pedemonti finished 3-2 and Gerits went 1-2.
  • Mimi Kendall-Woseley represented Houston at the All-American Tournament hosted by Tulsa, and went 0-1 in the Pre-Qualifying Draw.

https://twitter.com/SHPawdcast/status/1181032036049588224?s=20