Texas A&M University to close Qatar campus | The Texas Tribune

1 Like

U.S. officials in January alleging that Qatar had “substantial ownership” of weapons development rights and nuclear engineering research being developed at the Texas A&M campus, which they claim is a threat to national security. The letter came a few months after ISGAP released a 17-page report where it alleged it had discovered a “disturbing relationship between Qatar and Texas A&M University.”

The report, released shortly after the start of the war between Israel and Hamas, notes that Hamas is “funded extensively by Qatar” and that Qatar maintains a relationship with the Muslim Brotherhood.

Voted 7-1, board’s decision to close the campus by 2028.

school administrators will organize a team to ensure students can complete their education, faculty and staff are supported and that the university fulfill its current research obligations.

A lot in this one, interesting stuff

1 Like

Good for A&M

I always thought it was a bad idea. Glad to see it closing.

2 Likes

UofH needs to step in and pick up the slack…having the international student body we have and leader, who is International and familiar with that part of the world to some extent

OP, your take from this was for UH to step in?

1 Like

Why not. Foreign students want a first class education. Was no reason for A&M to pull out of there besides the political pressure they weren’t training Qatar students to build A bombs… That’s a smoke screen people want to build A bombs you can get that info off the Internet in the right places.

Maybe a&m can reopen it as a Christian Seminary.

1 Like

Anything that makes Aggie look foolish kinda makes me happy.

2 Likes

Very odd suggestion. I can’t see my rational reason why that makes business sense for A&M or how it would align with any of their current programs.

1 Like

Gotta convert the infidels!!! /s

2 Likes