Texas Bowl-Texas Tech helmets

Perhaps this would have been a bit more authentic??

6 Likes

Wow… didn’t see that but now can’t not see it

I’m going to look at it positively, I believe there paying respect to Houston the City. I like it. UH and TT have major issues to deal with it outside of Athletics such as access to the PUF, together being allies hopefully will get access to it.

If I had the skyline of Lubbock I would pick someone else’s skyline as well.

3 Likes

Everybody copies UH

• Tech using a Houston-esque skyline
  • Astros “#ForTheH
  • SMU, a private school, using Dallas on their uniforms

When does it end

4 Likes

Even though the school is actually located in University Park, TX

1 Like

That’s funny!

1 Like

We got rid of our own view of the skyline so we apparently don’t care about it. And by we I mean the administration.

1 Like

When UH stops copying other universities. It all goes around and nobody, except the aggies, mind.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with them trying to be “allies”. They put up a billboard in town that reads “Houston is West Texas”. It’s an arrogant attempt to say that this is their turf or that they “own” Houston. Just another reason why we need to beat them and often. It would be sweet to beat in them in conference play when it counts after they have won the random matchups that didn’t count recently.

2 Likes

I forgot but did you graduate at UH? I thought you mentioned before that you graduated/attended elsewhere, correct? Or am I mistaken?

You’re mistaken

We have better ranking and academics with less. Tech doesn’t deserve puf or to even be in the same talking points. Let alone use our skyline as theirs and put tech on it. That’s why it made me mad we lost to those tortilla eating moles. They’ve had our number for a while

2 Likes

If Texas Tech wanted to honor and connect with Houston, attaching this to their helmet would have been more appropriate…

4 Likes

It’s the practice helmet. They’re wearing black hats for the game with a pirate flag decal on the back.

1 Like

My first reaction was that blood was dripping on the state of Texas.

Well?

Womb womp or whatever it’s called came from across the street and now I heard the band play Talking Out the Side of Your Neck and we know who originated that

Using anything related to #3rdward and taking pics with swangas was definitely looked down on at one time

Imitation is the best form of flattery in our business

Those matchups counted… And they owned us… And that’s why they have our skyline on their helmet and put up thst billboard you mentioned…

We need to kick their a$$ next year.

1 Like

By “counted” I mean a conference game that will have meaningful implications. But you knew that is what is was saying, didn’t you?

I guess… I would say the past two counted as much as conference games wrt to building momentum for our program and the fact that we had no margin for error in the AAC… As soon as you lise 1 game you’re out of the CFP mix…

And Tech was our first loss the last two years…