Texas, censorship and coogfans

What I always find annoying is that people can’t seem to understand that the 1st amendment only protects people from oppression of free speech, press, and religion from the government. Private entities, and corporations as well, may institute their own restrictions as to what kind of speech on it’s premises is allowed. The government cannot prohibit one from burning a flag, but a company can prohibit one from burning said flag on it’s premises.

6 Likes

I find a lot of the political banter on these boards very humorous.

2 Likes

Not from brother 92. He never apologizes or admits when he is wrong or accepts the fallacy of
his position. Even when shown multiple times by multiple people with facts. Lets all pray for
our lost sheep in the land of conspiracy theory.

4 Likes

The dude can’t even answer a simple question, like does he live in California. lol.

5 Likes

We should be able to discuss all topics then ban only users for name calling. A topic can be discussed with respect with just stating facts or opinions.

2 Likes

I think we should ban all posters with numbers in their names.

Agreed. Also it doesn’t protect people from consequences of their speech.

5 Likes

Lol

No surprise here. This deal may never get done. His tweet this morning will (likely) create a sell-off of Twitter stock.

An analysis of Musk’s own followers indicate a large percentage are bots.

Twitter is at $38.24 right now in pre-market trading. Nice job, Elon. The spread is almost $16, so some buyers will swoop in hoping they will see the $54.20 Musk offered.

Gonna be another great day on Wall Street. :wink:

1 Like

I recall you making that call a few weeks ago. Looking more like a good call.

For being such a brilliant guy, which I believe he is, Musk is prone to
doing some stupid things ( Tesla “funding secured”, calling a guy a “pedo”, basic lack of
understanding of free speech, etc).

Oh well, even a human genius is not a god.

1 Like

NRG, some smart people think he’ll watch the price of Twitter tank, then try to get a new deal at a price way below $54.20. He might do that. Maybe his investors put some pressure on to renegotiate a deal. We’ll have to wait and see. Twitter is already making moves to improve its profile, if not profitability.

From theverge dot com:

On Thursday, Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal announced a number of big shakeups within the company in an email to staff, including firing consumer product leader Kayvon Beykpour and head of revenue product Bruce Falck . The company is pausing most hiring and pulling back on spending in most areas, though it’s not currently planning any layoffs.

1 Like

Wow, this gets even more convoluted. Isn’t there some SEC rules around this type of activity
to manipulate the price after making a public bid at a specified price ?

1 Like

Some Federal judge should order him to shut up about the deal until it is completed, as it violates or at least nibbles at SEC rules. He’s destroying a lot of wealth, but you or I would be taken to jail for stealing $5 worth of beef jerky from Trader Joe’s.

1 Like

Not worth stealing Trader Joes stuff.

1 Like