Texas grid still vulnerable

Nice. Yeah, the 22KW is the top of the line and should run all your house, including AC. You may need to upgrade your gas line/meter. Its going to draw a good amount of fuel.

The meter upgrade is included; it will have a “T” on new meter with the 4oz regulator that feeds appliances ( furnace, range, hot water heater,dryer) in the house and then a pound regulator to
feed the generac. The centerpoint tech I talked to said he was only aware of gas lines losing pressure about 25 years ago way out in Katy due to some equipment failure, so even during Uri
the gas line pressure was there.

1 Like

If the power goes out this winter, I’m just getting on a plane to Cancun. lol

4 Likes

Is this you, Ted?

The power grid is reliable in places like Calgary. This isn’t hard to do, just expensive, which is why it won’t ever get completely done.

Exactly. Years ago in litigation, Phillips 66 executives were deposed, and were asked why safety features were not installed in a plant that blew up. Their answers blew me away.

It was because the company made a business decision that litigation was cheaper than installing the safety equipment. In other words, life was cheaper than the almighty buck.

That’s why nothing is being done. And the state is complicit in that inaction.

Well, here we go again

https://twitter.com/douglewinenergy/status/1545426418087219201?s=20&t=845oyqbqmGlJM4webzMbNA

I added a 50 amp plug to my house, bought a tri fuel generator hooked up a line to my gas meter, i am good to go

Easy go do yourself for about $100

Get a natural gas convertion kit for about $60 on amazon and don’t worry about fuel or your carb getting gummed up

If the grid goes down again before November, I think Abbott will have to pack his bags.

Hmmm
interesting information. I didn’t realize until seeing that picture that
commercial solar and wind occupied the same farm at some locations ( my Homer d’ho moment of the day) :woozy_face:

Check out those comments too on nuclear in that article. Price per kwh is interesting how the
numbers are arrived at. Not saying I believe or disbelieve them , but needed part of the discussion.

Only if the R by his name goes down as well.
/s

2 Likes

NRG,
My phone gets a message when the gen goes into self test .You can set the test frequency . When the test is over I get a message that the gen is ready to run . It was all part of my Ten year warranty I got with a special deal about 3 years ago . You will be glad you did this .

Thanks. I’ve had mine for about 2 months now. It does a power up self test every Saturday at 2pm and runs for 5 minutes. It actually came into service after I had it for 2 weeks when Centerpoint
had some issue and we had about 2.5 hour grid outage. The maintenance plan they offered
me seemed very high and no specials. I was suppose to have a meter upgrade too, but not sure
where the bottleneck is on that,but not even sure it’s needed now. I’ll need to check back with them on the meter and possible deals and monitoring package. They were quoting me $550/year for once year maintenance, which just covered things like filters and an oil change if I recall. That
seemed excessive to me.

Yep $5 for a quart of oil, $10 filter, $5 sparkplug, 30 min of work

That along with the story of a 13 year old rape victim dying during labor going viral at the same time a video of Abbott walking into a strip club appears. Then it would still be close enough to go to a recount.

Hallelujah he has been cured !!!

He would get even more votes.

1 Like

That’s true. Headline on right wing media: “True believer gets blessed with a miracle, for first act supports a small business”

3 Likes