Texas grid still vulnerable

That certainly is a witty rejoinder.

We know we need more demand generation, yet it ain’t happening. Maybe the market isn’t working? Further incentives needed? IDK. I do know, however, that the system and solutions are the result of one faction pulling all the strings for decades.

3 Likes

Much like investment in oil & gas, why would you put money into something the government wants to shut down?

1 Like

To make more money?

Look, this shortage is making big money for the electric traders. Why would they build more capacity?

3 Likes

Travis Herzog Ch 13 goes dark while reporting on heat wave. Thank goodness it appears it was not due to a widespread H-town outage.

https://twitter.com/TravisABC13/status/1547326525573398529?s=20&t=YatamvP-76KmNyZUBl-naA

China’s reckless disregard for polluting the world with their skyrocketing emissions is a primary cause for local climate change and the record heat wave affecting mainland China this summer. What happened to Xi’s netzero pledge?! @Earthjustice @GretaThunberg @CNBCi @CNBC https://twitter.com/Jkylebass/status/1547362865149009925/photo/1

2 Likes

That Paris climate accord is really working.

1 Like

I spent a week in Shanghai on a business trip a few years ago. It’s a very impressive city…at least the part I saw. It seemed clean and you could sense an underlying “order” about the place. The company that I worked for at the time had a sizable investment in facilities and people there. The Chinese counterparts I interfaced with were intelligent, hardworking people.

We (USA) and much of the developed world have a ton (no pun intended) of manufacturing there. The emissions data is not that surprising to me. Hopefully, they can get CO2 under control in the near future.

On a per capita basis, they already beat the US in less CO2 produced. They also are heavily
investing in wind and solar. More so than the US. And when you have 4x population and are the
manufacturing hub of the world , their CO2 is more understandable. That does not mean they
have abandoned new coal and deserve to be called out on that too, but you have the look at the
total picture.

China wants to become a Saudi Arabia of renewables. In March, Beijing stated that it aims to create 450 GW of solar and wind capacity in the Gobi and other desert regions. China is capitalizing on the vast landscapes of Tibet, Xinjiang, and Inner Mongolia in conjunction with offshore turbines for electricity generation. For comparison, President Biden has pledged to create 30 GW of offshore wind by 2030.

Disregarding profit and loss may get you someplace. China built more offshore wind turbines in 2021 than every other country did in the past five years. It installed 55.8 GW worth of turbines in 2021, beating its own 2020 record of 52 GW— a 19.4% increase. China now has 344 GW worth of wind turbine electrical generation. During the same period, the US grew by approximately 12.5 GW for a total capacity of 135 GW.

1 Like

1 Like

I like how greenies always make excuses for China

Now do the math based on size of the country, if you want to learn
and understand something in a new way. Otherwise just keeping blowing out more
hot CO2.

Not making excuses. Pointing out facts.

1 Like

Wake me up when their emission decline

1 Like

I can do a lot, but I can’t wake the (brain) dead.
:wink:

The answer is you never will because they never will

Too funny; your own graph you post shows 2 declines in last 20 or so years.
:joy:

And then you refuse to acknowledge that just looking at total CO2 levels
is not a fair or valid way to do comparisons.
:joy::joy:

And then you refuse to acknowledge the efforts they have put into wind and solar !
:sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

But on the plus side at least you are showing an interest in man made CO2
as a problem. There may yet be hope for you.

I’m not at all worried about man made CO2.

Did I say “worry” ?

Since you care enough to post about it.

I just dispute your premise about China.

Huh ? What’s the premise and what do you think you disputed ?

I showed you what they are doing to reduce CO2 as reported by Forbes with wind and solar.
I told you how your one graph look at totals is flawed.
I showed you that your own graph shows 5-6 years of declines which unravels your “never” statement.
I told you that they are still building new coal plants, and that’s a problem.

So you appear to not comprehend disputed.