Texas Tech

I see your point. But I doubt Briles is going to take the job for 300k.

BA PK . . . . .

I hope one day we win something big enough to make us forget about other coaches.

6 Likes

Like getting in a P5 or winning the Natty in basketball??!

1 Like

Don’t forget
 Art and Uncle Dave did not get along either. Briles used us, and we used Briles. Having said that, he did us dirty when he left. He should have behaved better.

6 Likes

Uncle Dave saved us when we needed saving. We owe a huge debt of gratitude towards him.

11 Likes

We should have a statue of him at TDECU as well

4 Likes

I think the bigger issue with the way briles left was when he left Philip Montgomery and the o line coach here to coach us in the houston bowl. It was discovered that both were recruiting for Baylor while on the UofH payroll. Maggard threatened to go to the ncaa and they were both told to leave.
Of course, a few years into his coaching career at Baylor and he made the comment in an interview comparing UofH to a cheap set of golf clubs while Baylor was a custom set.
Nah, screw that guy!

5 Likes

Not enough !

Too many . . . . .

My guess is Briles is headed to Liberty. A couple years there and if he does well he’ll have offers. Exactly as was the case with Freeze.

At least I suspect that’s his thinking.

1 Like

I don’t care anymore about former coaches. I look at most of them as just employees who will eventually move on. It takes a certain personality to stick with UH long-term. Jenkins did it, against the grain of popular opinion. Penders did, too. Both have been surprisingly loyal in a lot of ways
despite things said about them.

I think Case will always be loyal. I don’t know how it all ends for Kelvin but he’ll always be a legend for how he took our fledgling program and built it into something respected and admired.

5 Likes

Briles ruined that with his own actions and inaction.

1 Like

Of Uncle Dave, not Briles

4 Likes

A nice plaque–like engraved with his picture, bio, and some kind words and hung prominently in Fertitta somewhere.

Something like this:

4 Likes

Heck yeah, he deserves it

2 Likes

He was a great AD for us. We needed someone to rally the troops, get our programs back on track, which he did. Renu wanted a fundraiser and builder in Rhodes, which I understand
but make no mistake. We were staring into the abyss when Dave saved us.
God Bless him

6 Likes