Texas unanimously approves handing Elon Musk Boca Chica State Park land

Thats why they launch at boca chica and the Cape. When it falls it drops into the ocean. Might kill a jelly fish, oh the horrors.

Ahh, yes, because we all know that the only importance of the ocean is for jellyfish. Also, clearly those photos show debris on land. They don’t launch on water, only near water.

2 Likes

Elon can do no wrong according to some.

1 Like

He made a deal with the parks service. No one was forced into this. What is your deal with elon?

Governments make bad deals all the time. No one said they were forced into it or even said it was a bad deal. I have no idea if it is. I haven’t paid any attention to it other than what I’ve seen in this thread.

You were just asked why it was a good deal and your response was basically that you trust the government to make good deals. You have every right to that opinion but I don’t agree with it.

What’s your deal with Elon? I don’t think he walks on water like the fan boys. Other than that, not sure why you’re asking that. I’ve posted one thing in this thread. If I had a deal with him, it seems I would have been here earlier and posted more often like you.

1 Like

Compared to you he walks on water. Having been around the space industry all my life I know how hard it is to put a man in space and bring him back safely. Also building cars and making it profitable is one of most difficult businesses to succeed in, just ask GM and Chrysler both who went backrupt.

That really doesn’t have anything to do with what we were talking about. I can see why you would want to pivot though.

But keep fanboying. I only know of one dude that walked on water and that dang sure wasn’t Elon.

He’s a really smart guy and has been hugely successful over his career. No one is disputing that.

2 Likes

Deflecting again, typical. Why do you hate Elon? I hear UH is looking for a punter. I think you should apply.

None of that makes any sense based on the conversation we’ve been having. It’s obvious projection.

2 Likes

Might want to look at a map. It’s a hop skip to the Brownsville Ship Channel and the So Padre

The cape doesnt have a harbour? I remember sailing to the bahamas out if there.

Has Space X put a man in space? I’m genuinely asking, as I didn’t think they had yet. Not that I’m judging them if they have or haven’t.

Pretty sure they have flown people to the ISS and brought them back

Oh ok. Cool. I didn’t know that. I thought they only had done satellites and cargo. Thanks.

They are the only private company that has done so.

Good for them, obviously I don’t keep up with the commercial space travel industry. If they were publicly traded, it would be interesting to see their financials. Also, is Starlink part of SpaceX or a separate company?

It appears it is. There has been talk of splitting Starlink off as to be able to take it public.

1 Like

More to this story.

1 Like

Phew I was worried that this was something that Texas and a company did right for the public too that was going to be a win-win-win.

But now that I know it’s going to be billionaires sucking each other off, and jamming it up the public’s backside with no reach around, I can rest easy that nothing has changed in Texas. Maybe Space X can give some poor folks cancer too? Then the Texas Environmental agency can explain how it’s the resident’s fault. You know the full Texas loves businesses experience.

You guys think this is unique, I’m still paying for the Astrodome, Reliant, Toyota Center, MinuteMaid and probably Dynamo stadium.