THAT was the EPITOME of a culture win

4 starters fouled out, refs screwing us, blown leads, Buzzer Beater and our walk-ons had to finish out the game…

Yet we still won.

33 Likes

I was about to cry

Heart of champions

21 Likes

Ryan Elvin made perhaps the most important free throw in UH basketball history

He’ll never forget this moment

47 Likes

This is when I laugh at the jackholes that whine and moan and nitpick every little thing that a Sampson team does. This was amazing.

I don’t even want to read the game thread. Sure coach pearland and the lot said we were the worst team in the history of basketball.

8 Likes

@The_Coog wya

1 Like

(raises hand) here… roast me…

I said really dumb things… but I won’t have it said that I ran away…

6 Likes

Thats kinda messed up though for the team/refs to put Ryan Elvin in that situation to be the scape goat :astonished::astonished::astonished:

Thank God he hit that second free throw!!!

2 Likes

He survived 5 years in this program. He can handle it.

12 Likes

Ryan Elvin just became a legend on Cullen Blvd along with every other person on the team.
Good night and God Bless

10 Likes

Without a doubt this was a whole team effort!!!

28 Likes

Was at game. Never seen CKS so pumped and jacked than after this win. He was a wild man on the sidelines to the fans. Was awesome to see.

26 Likes

In the history of the NCAA tournament, has a 1 seed ever seen four of its starters foul out?

3 Likes

TV said last time this many starters fouled out and won a tournament game was UTEP, I don’t remember the year.

1 Like

I don’t think Ryan Elvin needed this moment to cement his history in UH Basketball, but, of course, it is one more memory.

If Elvin sees any more action in the NCAA Tournament and comes through in the clutch, we have a story that Hollywood may want.

6 Likes
2 Likes

The goddamned 60s was the last time it happened. I’m so glad we won,.but I’m still so furious at the horrible officiating. 60+ years since it happened last tells u everything u need to know about these terrible refs.

2 Likes

I wondrer who did that art.

UTEP was a 7 seed.

I am talking about 1 seeds. You know, teams that should at least get a fair shake from the refs…

2 Likes

Ryan Elvin proves that good things can come to people who work hard and pay their dues. Loved how the team gathered around him before he took his free throws.
Just so happy to see him come in to a game when it had not already been decided and make a difference.

6 Likes

Yeah, watching Ryan go to the FT line to put the game away was like watching Hooisers.

8 Likes