The AAC Farewell Tour Begins

Agree with that… they really got hurt by conference realignment. Hope they rise up in the Sun Belt. Back in the day they were a legit tough game.

1 Like

I’m glad we are leaving Memphis behind. F em.

4 Likes

The only one I’ll miss is playing Tulane on the road. SMU we can replace with Texas State or North Texas. All good road trips.

1 Like

I think they’re a perfect fit in the Sun Belt.

I agree. I feel like the Conference USA part of realignment went really well, except for the ones that got left behind… The AAC-type Conference USA schools went there, and the Sun Belt type schools went there. Swap Georgia State and East Carolina and you’re pretty much all set.

2 Likes

Why?

2 Likes

The only teams I’ll miss are playing Tulsa, Navy, and Memphis; but I won’t miss them enough to be nostalgic about them. With the new blocking rules, playing Navy shouldn’t be hazardous to the knees of our D line.

SMU we can replace with UTSA or Texas State

1 Like

I don’t know about every year, but I like the idea of staying engaged with Louisiana for recruiting purposes. They’re probably better for that than Louisiana Tech or Louisiana.

I would love alternating home and home with UTSA & Tulane. Both are great roadies

Good for our fans for easy travel

Miss Southern Miss alot. I think they’ll bounce back (abd help build) the Belt.

… and fook Mumphish.

LSU would be good.

I think Lsu would be willing to play us at reliant once in the big12 bc easy travel and fanbase is here. Pez needs to work on it. It would count as lsu’s p5 game then they can schedule 3 easy non conf. I think they would be willing now if we reach out.

We play our home game in NRG and their home game in Jerry’s World, otherwise home and home.

1 Like

One thing is for sure, we will for sure get everybody’s best game. They will play us tough. Would I like to be 4-0 sure, but 2-2 is a start, and the season starts now.

1. Houston (3-3)
    “This is just a forgettable team in a time they should have been making history.”

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2022-College-Football-Midseason-surprise-teams-Tennessee-Volunteers-College-Football-Playoff-coaching-hot-seats-carousel-195699664/#195699664_9

1 Like

So someone outside the common UH fan believes what many have said……so we are not just being meanies……there is merit there.

Defense is ranked #116 in the Nation.

Who would have expect that at the beginning of the season?

1 Like

If you told me about all the injuries, the 6 OT periods, that KU would have a Heisman candidate at QB when we played them, it does make sense. We knew about the potential secondary issues and we did expect the UTSA & Tech games to be shootouts. We have an extra 5 points allowed per game because of OTs. The Rice game was the unexpected one.

More shocking given those factors that the offense is 99th.

The OC sucks !

I think more equitable would be NRG and the Superdome. I don’t see how Jerryworld would fit into the equation.