The Game Day Experience (not the game)

Was the team store by taco cabana (formerly) closed last season too? I remember it being a mad house with people buying all kinds of stuff. Wanted a new hat yesterday, but didn’t want to go to the bookstore. Was disappointed to see it closed.

1 Like

You’re welcome to join me and my buddy by the intramural fields.

10 Likes

The light blue lots on the north side of the stadium and the green lots south of the stadium east of Cullen.

2 Likes

I park right over by you.

I want my damn umbrella back!!!

1 Like

I believe we hired an NFL. Person for game day experience… that person has not done well. Time should be invested into studying other schools set-up and experience.

Template:

Pre-game:

amenities ? ( restaurants, shops, free entertainment)
Check-in process (time)
Student check-in process
Consolidated tailgating?

In-stadium:
Comfort? - unique to area: Houston heat : counter fans, water, ac areas, AWNINGS
Concession efficiency for ALL levels

Other:
Decor and photo op areas

4 Likes

We also just need to all show up bc it helps recruiting. If people don’t show them it hurts recruiting and slows how fast we get the results we want then your creating your own cyclical cycle of hurting recruiting then loses.

Show up and it helps and it’s all we can do as fans. The game day experience is still fun. It’s not the pros, the school needs us there. I watched the A&M game and they had 107000 after a historically bad loss. They regrouped as fans and showed up and won yesterday. They know not showing up hurts the recruiting and team.

2 Likes

What was the issue with getting folks into the stadium? We are in one of the party patios right by the band, about 5 minutes into the game, the entrance there looked to be backed up nearly to the garage. People were barely trickling in, was there an issue with the scanners? Finally when the rain started really coming down and the poor folks in that line were getting drenched, they just let them all in without scanning.

4 Likes

I think it’s the fact that a bulk of attendees enter through the same gate.

1 Like

Seems to be a Houston sports theme to not try to enter until after a game starts. Be it Coogs, Texans, Astros, etc. Looked like a complete logjam from where I was sitting of people trying to get in after play started.

We are nothing close to A&M, our Alumni have not much connection to the school and could care less, hopefully that will change for the next generation of our students, but I doubt it as a large percentage of our students are international and don’t care about football

1 Like

Know a man from Houston who would meet us at the games, he always showed up 10 minutes into the 1st quarter and left with 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, win or lose.

Well people are tailgating and having fun before the game so that’s good. I think the new issue was that had scanning machines used this year where each person had to scan a ticket or their phone on their own then the girl or guy would help if needed. Yrs past they had the scanner guys and the workers would scan each.

1 Like

My university has actually destroyed the game day atmosphere we had a Robinson.

7 Likes

Love it overthere. Perfect tailgate spot.

From what I could tell, they were have problems with the scanners. It took me about 20 minutes to get in. I had no issues with my ticket though.

This is the line to get into the stadium about 10-15 minutes after kickoff.

4 Likes

I agree with you about “Robertson”.

MEDIA RELEASE:

Attention all media outlets regarding the long-standing, much ballyhooed dig on UH regarding their perceived football attendance problems:

“It’s the mutha fn scanners.”

Pathetic. An embarrassment.

Oh, not supposed to say “Coogin’It”. And before kickoff even.