The GVL Polka Dot Flag

If you’re old enough you remember. Does the flag fly this week or do we have a new one?

2 Likes

They should do a promotion where the give all fans a polka dot towel for Alabama. That would make for some great television. Also a nice tribute to GVL.

Come to think of it, I probably have my old one stashed somewhere.

7 Likes

Can someone explain the polka dot flag for the slightly younger generation on here?

2 Likes

GVL always had a polka dot towel during games. There’s a good 30-for-30 on Phi Slama Jama and you’ll see how that towel helped us against Louisville in the Final Four!

2 Likes

Was there a flag, though?

Yes. When we were #1 during the 60’s and 80’s, there was a polka dot flag, recognizing GVL’s polka dot towel, that we flew in Cullen Plaza to represent our ranking. As long as we were #1, it flew.

4 Likes

Back in the day we took donations on CoogFans to order the polka dot towels and had a few volunteers to pass them out before the games.

I have a polka dot towel I got at a game some time recently.

Apparently not as recently as I thought…got it in 2017. I am going to bring it tomorrow.

8 Likes

I was thinking we should do polka dot uniforms once.

1 Like

I like it

From my bobblehead collection… Got this back when only 1k of us would show up…

6 Likes

We need something new that represents Sampson. Perhaps a red tie that fans can twirl in the air?

3 Likes

Weird that it has wetcat on it, given that wetcat had nothing to do with GVL and was phased out in 2012.

1 Like

Back in those days, my daughter thought you always got a shirt when you went to the game. There was zero competition for the t-shirt toss.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

GVL

liked traditions

1 His tray of water under his seat.

1. The last team, I think, to have odd and even unis for home and away.

Like this? Any player who agree to wear this would be off the team.

1 Like

Not like that, but I will say that is a good picture of you. You should use it as your avatar.

2 Likes