3.Dotson
4.Fabian
5.Carlton

6.Sasser
7.Armoni
8.Hinton

Man, thats tough.

2 Likes

And really I think we have 5 guards on this years team who may be in the discussion soon.

1 Like

Sasser-Davis is an interesting comparison because they might be the most similar of any two guards we’ve had. Up to this point, id give the nod to Corey because the level of play he sustained his senior year was higher than what Marcus has been able to do. But ill qualify that by saying if Marcus had stayed healthy last year I think he would have surpassed him. So in my own personal rankings Id have Corey by a thin margin with the expectation that Marcus surpasses him this year.

1 Like

Average Conference Finish by coach

Alden Pasche: 4.3 - 6 seasons
Guy Lewis: 3.8 - 15 seasons (many independent seasons not included)
Pat Foster: 2.9 - 7 seasons
Alvin Brooks: 6.3 - 7 seasons
Clyde Drexler: 12.0 - 2 seasons
Ray McCallum 9.8 - 4 seasons
Tom Penders: 4.7 - 6 seasons
James Dickey: 8.0 - 4 seasons
Kelvin Sampson: 2.9 - 8 seasons

1 Like

If I remember correctly, jherrod stiggers turned pro unexpectedly which opened up a spot for us to pursue Rob Gray. The rest is history

Man, those Clyde years were something else!

1 Like

Put some respect on Pat Foster. I remembered him being a good coach and thought we got greedy insisting on Tourney wins but I didn’t recall his teams finishing that high on average.

1 Like

James Dickey were pretty awful as well lol

At least Clyde was drawing a bit.

He Glided right through it. :wink:

I’d have Davis instead of Armoni

1 Like

Not many of us stuck around to come Glyde with Clyde (and to see if Coach Drexler would make it to the sidelines before the tip!).

I remember selling out season tickets for his first season, beating UT, and then watching it all go downhill from there. No one came after a while despite the tickets being sold.

(I still have my Glyde cups)

1 Like

Right after the big win over ut to start the season we went to rice and lost. We didn’t win many game after the first.

I remember that. Such excitement after that first game. I only commented since there was a Dickey vs Drexler comparison which seems like a waste of time since neither really worked out despite a couple of surprising recruits.

1 Like

Kelvin looks great in this pic but they forgot Dana.
:thinking:
https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1567514246405128198?t=wtnYjDsbBv9FLpA6ZSXXyg&s=03

5 Likes

Its minority figures (African American or Native American) in leadership positions

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/1567517273195220992

3 Likes

Maybe they needed only one representative from UH.

So they took the pic from the roof of the “Post Houston”.
:+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m thinking Dana told them he was busy! The 2 Rice coaches are there. It was idea that Texans Coach Lovie Smith came up with.

3 Likes

I love to see this so much!!!

3 Likes