The MAC is Back

The league’s Council of Presidents, on the recommendation of the Medical Advisory Panel, voted unanimously Friday to resume the season with a six-game, conference-only schedule beginning Nov. 4. The season was postponed in August because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

3 Likes

LOL, we don’t want to face a law suit either so how many games do we have to play to be contractually compliant?

I thought the presidents of the universities were being guided by science?

Oh this is too funny.

2 Likes

I read one source that said that due to the late start and six game season, most of the games will be mid-week games.

2 Likes

Tuesday and Wednesday night MACtion!!!

3 Likes

They’re basically the Big 10 little brother and just proved it like the MWC and the PAC 12. They basically will do what they do - how cute.

Outside of the little espn tv money they’ll get what else was there to get? Your not getting guarantee games.

1 Like

Glad to see MACtion back. Love watching regional schools in my area, and have several friends who are alums of MAC schools.

And yes, the MAC is the B1G Ten Light, but it’s a great way to watch some of our local kids continue to play football. There’s plenty of good talent in the Midwest to play good college level football.

I have my Coogs (one of these days), my Hawks, my B1G and my MAC back. Love it.

2 Likes

Same for out here with the MWC…I root for the home team out here (Nevada). Their hated rivals are UNLV and Boise, and I really enjoy watching these games. When I’m not watching my Coogs, which is sadly all the time right now, I search for these regional contests. Nevada has a great smaller stadium with a great collegiate atmosphere, which I have been in once. Game time was 60 degrees, and it snowed on us like crazy in the 4th quarter.

1 Like

I have a B1G alma mater (Illinois), a MAC alma mater (Central Michigan), and UH, of course.

Glad to see ALL THREE of them back!!!

2 Likes
3 Likes

You lied to me
-MAC fans to MAC commissioner

The players, families and friends and the fans of the B1G, MAC, Pac, and any of those conferences that gave up on the year, quit so easily over the summer, they need to be very thankful to the conferences that had the will, foresight, creativity, and balls to hang in there to figure out how to make it work and to lead the way with the determination to make it work and to learn to live with the virus. If it was not for those conferences leading the way, their conference never gets off the pot to re-start their operations to have a season, although shortened. God bless those that persevere, fight and crawl to delivery and to overcome and to lead they way so that others will wake up and follow.

1 Like

I think it was plain and simple $$$ driven more than anything else. The SEC HAS to have the massive funds football generates. Regardless I am so glad all the kids are getting to play. Wish them all a safe and sound season

1 Like

Sure, money drives most. But they saw their sisters taking the risk and winning with some bumps and bruises and they knew they couldn’t miss out on the action when the money stopped flowing. Plus, if the fall completes although with cancelled and rescheduled games, the B1G, PAC, and MAC and others look foolish for never trying among their fans, players, families, etc. They are definitely the followers and not the leaders.

1 Like

1 Like

Yup, that’s funny. Trust that guy like gas station sushi.