The student athlete

University of Houston kicker Kyle Ramsey, a sophomore majoring in electrical engineering, has been named a Military Bowl 3M STEM Scholar-Athlete.

Ramsey, who is from Missouri City, Texas, has a 3.882 grade-point average. He is a member of Omicron Delta Kappa honor society and has been invited to join the Tau Beta Pi engineering honor society.

Ramsey has several family members who are engineers and has long been interested in science and math. He enjoys problem solving and generating solutions. At Houston, he worked in the swarm robotics lab, helping construct a robot that tracked and filmed runners in long distance races.

“I am quite confident that Kyle has defined a challenging career path and every aspect of Kyle’s work product is superlative as he is an outstanding role model and academic scholar,” said Dr. Fritz Claydon, an electrical engineering professor at Houston. “Kyle is passionate about his studies and is an outstanding mentor to his fellow classmates. When considering factors such as one’s intellect, independence, maturity, motivation, personality and ability to complete tasks on time and correctly, Kyle is in the top 1 percent of undergraduate students that I have encountered over my 30-year academic career.

20 Likes

We need more good stories like that.

5 Likes

Way to go Kyle! You are amazing person to pull all that off ! I just had to handle the academic side and struggled …but I did get in Tau Beta Pi !
Go Coogs !

1 Like

I am impressed! Congratulations Kyle, I know you will have a great career in Electrical Engineering.

2 Likes