The Too Early 24/25 preseason rankings

ESPN has us at #7 with Kansas #3, ISU at #5, Arizona #8 and Baylor #10

The Athletic likes us more, at #3 with ISU right behind us, KU at #7, Arizona at #11 and Baylor at #15.
(paywalled)

None of this really means much of course but It’s nice to see

2 Likes

Very good analysis by the Athletic. Great subscription value, especially with the first year promotions they offer.

2 Likes

Way too early preseason predictions before NBA draft and portal declarations have played out is hilarious! But definitely gives us something to talk about.

3 Likes

“where Houston will start at No. 1 based on the idea that Kelvin Sampson should return his top four scorers – and every rotation player besides Damian Dunn”

As of now. Seems about right.
They will land a good power PG and then Top 5 seems about right.

Just came back to add that one. It’s nice to dream isn’t it?

But I suspect my chances of starting at PG in the fall are only slightly worse than the chances of JS back at that spot.

1 Like

Might as well hear the counterpoint. Yahoo’s Ryan Young has us #13 with the other top B12s above us.

It’s all fun and games now and as they say, it’s the “way too early” rankings. There are still some doubters out there, but most polls I have seen have us top 10 if not top 5.

1 Like

The field of 68 on youtube said that they all had us in the top 10 because thats what CKS does is find a way for us to be good.

1 Like

We’re going to better than last season.

5 Likes

Health is the only way thats true.

2 Likes

3 Likes

UH finished #4 in the AP rankings. This is the first season they released a ranking after the title game.

Previous pre-season and post season rankings:
2024 - # 7 start; #4 Final
2023 - # 3 start; #2 finish
2022 - #15 start; #15 finish
2021 - #17 start; #6 finish
2020 - #36 start; #22 finish
2019 - no votes; #11 finish
2018 - no votes; #21 finish
2017 - no votes; #21 finish

2 Likes

Beyond fair from the voters…i think they knew if we didmt lose shead we likely wouldve been a final 4 team.

2 Likes

Actually tied for 3rd in rankings,

6 Likes

We’re 3rd

4 Likes

That final AP is wild. People voted for Miami, Arkansas, Oakland, etc…

We finished tied for third in AP and at third in Coaches poll.

Yeah, Alabama going from 19th to 3rd is crazy. I mean, I know they got hot in the tournament but that doesn’t negate the rest of the entire year

1 Like

With recent transfers added in to the math.

B12 with 3 in top 5.

This is interesting. Every year we are better than our pre-season ranking.

I would like to see how the Longhorns finish compared to their starts

Add Michigan State, Kentucky, et cet.