This 2012 UH Grad has to watch this video from the 2011 season before the start of every football season. It just pumps a Coog up!

I graduated in May 2012, so 2011 was my last football season attending as a student. I definitely was at UH at the right time between 2009 and 2011 as Case Keenum and those guys put UH back on the football map and brought us out of the abyss. I watch the awesome 2011 highlight video to the song So Much More before every football season. A Coog can’t help but get pumped watching and listening to this video! It has hit me and I am realy starting to get excited and pumped for the new football season. Was time to break out the video on YouTube!

11 Likes

Hope we have a good season. Last year was rough with all the cancellations. I remember being at the Ritz for the Tulsa “stick that in your pipe and smoke it” game. Good food at the Ritz too.

3 Likes

I was at Tulsa for that game. After the failed two point conversion my dad said let’s go, I said we still have the onside kick then the magic happened! There were UH fans jumping up and down and grown men hugging each other in the Tulsa stands that didn’t even know each other. The UH fans went nuts in Tulsa and it was great! I was also there in person to witness the 28 point comeback at Louisiana Tech where Case through those dimes of touchdown passes to Carrier and Edwards breaking the hearts of the Bulldogs.

4 Likes

Man I watched that UH La tech game on my computer. That is one to remember! I must of sounded like a mad man yelling during that game. Case gave us a ton of good memories. I went to Stillwater for UH v #5 ok st. Met a lot of good ok st fans prior to the game. They shared beers/food and their amenities.

1 Like

No doubting that I was a madman during that LaTech game. I was not too happy.
I recall that Tech fumbled the ball away after they
just making the necessary yards to run out the clock.

1 Like

I have to disagree. The best time to be a student was the 2015-2016 seasons unfortunately. That tackle at 1:50 is monster.

As someone who graduated in 2016, I can confirm this is correct.

1 Like

Those were great seasons but nothing short of winning a national championship will ever match the 1976 season.

1 Like

I was at work following the box score of the Tulsa game online…online it said we missed that last field goal at first so I quit checking the score and only a few hours later did I learn that we won.

2 Likes

I still prefer the O’Fortuna one.

6 Likes

Ditto…nothing else gives me goosebumps.

1 Like

The big difference is that the Case Keenum teams were the ones that made UH Football relevant again. UH football was dead for many years before that team brought national attention back to UH. If it wasn’t for a coach interviewing for the A&M job the week of the conference championship game the Coogs would of went undefeated and played Michigan in the Sugar Bowl who was a team the Coogs could of beat. Herman was a one trick pony that had one good year then left. Case Keenum and those guys reset the foundation for UH football that Herman used to get a job at UT. Those 2009-2011 teams might not have won a big bowl but they made the bigger strides in getting the program back from the abyss.

4 Likes

It was not the intro song for the team taking the field. They played the song while the team was still in the locker room usually. They played O’Fortuna that year.

1 Like

i miss Robertson tailgating…

4 Likes

Me, too. It was the best.

1 Like

Hayes was a beast vs UCLA!

CK was great at leading those sub 4.5 WRs. It was like they were playing frisbee the way the WRs ran to the ball.

3 Likes

That is why I wish during the offseason CK would of came down and worked with Tune some on throwing the deep ball. It was a thing of beauty to see Case throw that deep ball and the way he floated it up and let the receivers run under it. He was so good at leading his receivers. If Tune could do that at half of the way Case does and did it at UH then Holgersons offense would be running at top performance!